holidays are a comin

Our display team just finished installing the holiday display at the Free People store in Paramus, NJ and it looks awesome. The rest of our stores will be decorated over the next week, so if you live near one you should definitely pay a visit to see what they’ve done. (find store locations here)
The inspiration was vintage wintertime and they were looking at lots of vintage Christmas images, toys from the 1950′s and even found this crazy chair made of stuffed animals. So they got really into the stuffed animals and decided on this huge 150 pound teddy bear for the front window. The bear’s patchwork was done by hand by our display team here in Philly.

Each store will have an “advent” calendar, also hand painted by our display team. Each day the store employees will open a window or door to reveal a hidden picture. There was supposed to be chocolate behind each door, but there were some technical difficulties. The team left the store staff a package of chocolates that they can eat each day instead.
skates.jpg
skis.jpg
Some painted skis and ice skates…
cookie%20wall.jpg
and the wall of cookies, also made by the display team.

Tags: ,

Comments

kayte -November 3, 2006, 6:56PM

i love that bear! i love the idea of handmaking a gigantic stuffed animal.
so cool!

Aurora Robles -November 3, 2006, 8:28PM

This post has made me so excited for the new Free People opening across from the Anthropologie I work at [I make displays there, so this post is especially exciting!]. Wish I could work for both FP and Anthro at the same time!!

workerfromrooseveltfield -November 4, 2006, 12:50AM

OMG OMG WHEN IS ROOSEVELT FIELD GONNA LOOK LIKE THAT? i love that big teddy bear! oo and does the store crew get choclates too that would be great! :)

maria -November 4, 2006, 3:32PM

all the things i want seem sold out already :(

Me-me -November 4, 2006, 6:20PM

I LOVE FREE PEOPLE !! (I love Anthropologie too..)

Anna -November 4, 2006, 11:43PM

Very nice displays though ee don’t have a free people store here in Colorado. :(

workerfromrooseveltfield -November 5, 2006, 2:28AM

I know i love free people too. oh and go to the store at the roosevelt field mall its the best one ever.

hk -November 5, 2006, 1:57PM

i hope i can make it to a fp before xmas the store looks great! i especially love the painted skates with pompoms on them… maybe i should do that to mine for some fun skating on the canal :)
i hope i can make it to a fp before xmas <3

Andrea -November 6, 2006, 6:23PM

These are great.
I remember last year I went to the Free People at a mall in NJ (can’t remember the name) and there was a wall display of buttons and different colorful threads. OMG I wanted to die it was so beautiful. I wish I had a camera to capture it, it was superb!

danie -November 14, 2006, 8:54PM

i love the holiday decorations, i’m going straight to the Free People store!!!!

Bonje -March 19, 2009, 8:51AM