office doggies

The Free People home office is a dog friendly environment. It is not uncommon to see dog beds in the corners or little food bowls under people’s desks. So here are some pictures of the pup’s that are the office companions… Above is Fritz. He’s on the buying team. Fritz buys our knit tops and all of our accessories.

This is Barley. Barley is the master of the Free People website.
josie.JPG
And here is Josie. She works on the photoshoots for the web. Here she relaxes in the studio in some fake snow used in the latest shoot.

Tags:

Comments

Mary -November 13, 2006, 11:50AM

Awwwwww…..they are ALL so cute…but for me, that Barley takes the cake!!!

lizzy -November 13, 2006, 12:34PM

josie wales i love you!!

Patricia -November 13, 2006, 2:07PM

Dogs are a huge part of our office too! They’re even on our website – check out http://www.currentsite.com and take a look at “current fun” –> “dogs”.

heather -November 13, 2006, 3:13PM

Miss Wales, you are always sneaking up on me! xox

Anonymous -November 13, 2006, 9:33PM

Wow what a cool place to work! How did Free People start?

fpgirl -November 14, 2006, 12:43AM

For Patricia… I checked out your office’s website and it is sooo cute. It’s so well designed, and the illustrations are great. Oh, and of course I checked out the pup pics!

fpgirl -November 14, 2006, 12:49AM

and for anonymous… Free Peoples was actually the name of the very first store now known as Urban Outfitters! The company changed it’s name to Urban Outfitters as it grew, and then re-adopted “Free People” at first as a name for one of their wholesale lines. And now the Free People concept has grown into the brand you know today!

Jasmine -November 14, 2006, 2:41PM

I love the dogs’ pictures, and it’s so nice to see that your office is dogs friendly, it really warms the heart. I just wish you’d be as friendly to rabbits who are killed for their fur to make angora for clothes… =/

I just love Free People, and I buy from you a lot (probably more than I should because I work really hard and should actually save the money) but I wish you didn’t use angora and so much wool and leather =(

Damselfly -November 15, 2006, 5:54PM

Ohhh. I want to take Barley home.

Shawn -November 16, 2006, 2:44PM

Wow! What a great place to work! It must be nice to take in all of those homeless, scrawny dogs like fritz and make him a home where people love him regardless of looks or personality. Free People is a fitting name for such a wonderful organization. Keep up the good work!
–$hawn

Ariella -November 17, 2006, 1:17AM

check out cuteoverload.com – everyday is a new set of aw’s

Kohli marsh -November 30, 2006, 7:00PM

Love the dog, but I really love the dog bed. I adore the FP signature fabric and would LOVE to have that bed! Where can I get one?

fpgirl -November 30, 2006, 11:10PM

Hi Kohli! The bed is just one of our big pillows that we use on our couches in the store. Unfortunately, we only sell a few select pieces of our furniture, and the pillows are not one of them. We make them from vintage Indian quilts. You should just get a big oversized pillow with a pretty print for your pup!

Tricia -December 7, 2006, 9:48PM

LOVE your products! Any thoughts on a dog sweater line? I have a pug who is tough to buy sweaters for due to her broad back.

age beauty -November 26, 2009, 4:44AM

I admire your website , it’s full with great information. You have found one perennial visitor and a fan of this blog.