personalized travel

In order to get a creative job at Free People, you are asked to do a project that expresses your creativity and understanding of the Free People aesthetic. It’s a really great way to show what you are capable of beyond a typical portfolio. So anyway, one of our accessories designers had hand made these super crafty luggage tags for her Free People interview. She tapped into how important travel is to the Free People girl, how inspiring it can be. Obvoiusly she was right on, got the job, and months later is seeing her creations sold in the Holiday Catalog! Check out the hand embellished tags for sale on freepeople.com

Tags:

Comments

danie -November 1, 2006, 4:10PM

i would love to work for Free People, it seems like a very creative and fun job. by the way i love the luggage tags!!!

Andrea -November 1, 2006, 4:12PM

I checked out the tags on Freepeople.com, they are superb!
Do you guys give specific parameters for the project or is it just about doing anything that feels Free People-ish?

fpgirl -November 1, 2006, 4:19PM

Hi Andrea. They usually give some sort of parameters for interview projects. It typically is focused on the job you are applying for. Thanks for the comment!

Danika -November 1, 2006, 5:45PM

If only I could be so lucky. Beautiful suitcase project and the horse is WILDLY creative!

kayte -November 1, 2006, 9:11PM

those are such pretty tags!!
i was a visual manager at anthro and we had to do a similar project. it was really fun to do and such a great introduction to the job.
i’m glad you guys have a blog. it looks great!

joy -November 1, 2006, 9:23PM

super cute! love the tags!

erika -November 2, 2006, 9:25AM

I would love to send in my portfolio for review to the Home Office. I found this blog via Oh Joy!- a philly based designer who blogs about great design. http://ohjoy.blogs.com/my_weblog/
I am a designer/artist living in Philadelphia and would love to plug in my creative talents with your company. Any suggestions or information you can pass along would be greatly appreciated!

fpgirl -November 2, 2006, 10:13AM

Hey Erika. I forwarded your blog link to our creative director. Your stuff looks awesome! I will email you some info to send in your portfolio. We don’t have anything open just now, but you never know when something will come up! check your email.

sara -November 10, 2006, 10:48AM

These are great! You’re a super star! I’m so proud of mi lady!

Jesi -February 1, 2008, 3:50AM

How do you go about applying for a creative job at Free People? I’m really interested and I already have tons of ideas from previous projects. I live in LA so if there are any openings who would I contact?