the pink horse

Since I was talking about interview projects (see below entry) I thought I should really show you this picture. One of our buyers was interested in moving into a design position, and wanted to show that her creativity went beyond numbers and dreaming up new accessories to sell. So she made one of her own paintings come to life using strips of fabrics and paper mache. The inspiration was based on a spring trend concept we’re working on called Landed Gentry (more on this later).
This is how she described her project…”Handmade, tangible structure and materials for the intangible concept. Pink horses, flying pigs, buyers going into design…” She’s awesome.
The lady on horseback has been decorating our hallway, and the artist calls the piece ” rosy equine hall ornament”. I just think it’s so great to see the different ways people can artistically express their enthusiasm and understanding of what it takes to create here at Free People.

Tags:

Comments

maria -November 1, 2006, 4:12PM

i think it’s so awesome you have a blog. i’m completely addicted to free people.

Amy -November 1, 2006, 10:27PM

I love this new blog, but was wondering if there was a way you could display the comments at the end of each blog instead of having to click on the comments link each time. I’m interested in what other people are saying and I just find it frustrating to have to click on each one. But keep up the good work! I’ll definitely be on your site much more often.

amy -November 1, 2006, 11:39PM

this is beautiful. :]
i’m addicted to free people too, but i haven’t got the buckaroos to buy the awesome clothes. so i use free people as inspiration for my own wardrobe–as in, what can i do with what i already have to make it nice & snazzy? it’s great.

jinius -November 2, 2006, 4:00PM

i love the painting. it reminds me of the dioramas in science of sleep :)

L -November 6, 2006, 3:20PM

That’s lovelylovelylovely. Did you hire the buyer?

fpgirl -November 8, 2006, 12:35AM

Hi L-
They did hire the buyer… She moved into the sweater design department where she can put that creativity to good use!