lula

The third issue of girly British mag lula is out! I know this is a magazine that has definitely been talked about among the designers at FP. The content is fashion mixed with beautiful whimsical fantasy and nostalgia. A magazine you’ll want to book mark rather than tear out the pages…
It kind of amazes me when I take the time to actually read a magazine from cover to cover, and it becomes clear how connected everything is. Like in the interview with the designers from clothing line Lover, they talked about being inspired by Marianne Faithfull’s biography. And then toward the back, there is an interview with Marianne Faithfull herself. How suddenly certain trends, interests, people, just emerge as important to a place in time…

Comments

Sequin -December 8, 2006, 3:12PM

Is it just an online magazine, or a tangible one sent out to subscribers? I’m guessing it is available in the US since the lovely girls/guys over at FP nabbed one. Where can I get a subscription?? It looks irresistably whimsicial….Thanks!

periwink -December 8, 2006, 8:46PM

Where can I get a subscription?? The website doesn’t have the mag up yet…is this only an internet mag?

fpgirl -December 9, 2006, 12:28AM

This is a paper mag. Lula’s website only gives a few locations in the US under “find me” but I know they sell at quite a few shops across the US. I bought mine at a random newstand in NY. So keep a look out for it. Or you can subscribe on their site. It’s under “keep me”.

emily -December 9, 2006, 11:33PM

This looks like a very good find. Also, you guys should consider doing an entry on the FP models’ hairstyles. They’re so elaborate and sweet. :o)

Lexie -June 26, 2007, 3:23PM

Hi, I’m looking for Lula issue #3, specifically the interview with Shiri Appleby. Do you have it? Btw, I love your site

fpgirl -June 27, 2007, 12:38AM

Hi Lexie. I do have it! Do you need that article??

Lexie -June 27, 2007, 10:38PM

OMG, yes fpgirl, I would love that article, do you have it? Thanks.

Hanna -February 3, 2008, 3:17PM

Hi, I’m from the Philippines and I can’t get my hands on any Lula issues so I was wondering if I can maybe ask for magazine scans? I was looking for the Shiri Appleby article as well. I love her. I have Kirsten Dunst scans of Lula #5 and Daisies in the Dust with Zooey Deschanel – she’s my favorite person in the world – but that’s about it. Please email me about the scans. I feel like I’m missing out on a lot. Thanks for the time. Looking forward to hearing from you soon :)

LULA AHMED -October 30, 2008, 4:23AM

Hi am Lula, I was googling and i saw this magazine that has my name. Am so excited. Even though i havent read it. But if get the chance to read i ll. thanks

Skye -January 25, 2010, 3:05PM

Hello! Help me please! Looking for Lula issue #3. There is about Theresa Becker-Wayman.Do you have it? Please!