vintage compacts

compacr%20silver.jpg
compactred.jpg
We are really excited about these vintage belts we just put up on our website. The buckles are made from these incredible vintage compacts. If you bought a beautiful vintage compact, nobody would even see it except when you were powdering your nose. On a belt ( of Italian leather) everyone can see your great find. Each belt is one of a kind, designed and crafted by Jacqueline Rose.

Comments

Dianne -January 9, 2007, 7:53PM

Very cool! What a neat idea! I wish you best of luck

dani -January 9, 2007, 10:55PM

i love them, but they are so expensive.

Anonymous -January 10, 2007, 4:11PM

Just wondering, do the more expensive accessories sell as quickly as the clothing does?

fpgirl -January 11, 2007, 4:54PM

Hey,
To answer your question, it totally depends on the item. We usually have some one of a kind pieces in our catalogs that sell right away, because they’re super special pieces and people appeciate that no one else will have one. Of course there are other more expensive items that don’t sell as quickly.

Kate -January 15, 2007, 3:02AM

Wow, such a lovely idea. I guess sometimes owning something completely unique really makes paying extra worth it, it’s always lovely to own something you know that no one else has!

c marie -February 6, 2007, 10:44PM

so many of your products have become “cheap” — i am noticing a much larger percentage of your clothes coming from China — and the seams are crooked, buttons fall off right away, the fabrics are sooooooo thin, and sometimes the forms do not even fit right — what happened to you FP??!!! you used to be reliable for cute, beautiful stuff that would last……i know three friends who don’t buy from you anymore and i am considering the same…..also, your boxes come with the wrong goods inside (this has happened FOUR times to me) and the packaging folks use such a small amount of tape that twice they’ve come partially opened…….time for a new manager in Quality Control!!!! save yourselves! step up the quality on your fabrics and detailing!!!!!!

fpgirl -February 8, 2007, 3:55PM

Hi c marie,
I have passed along your feedback to everyone capable of improving such issues. We are constantly working to improve the quality of our products and consistently react to any complaints. There is so much thought and design put into our clothes and we want the quality to match those efforts.
As for your shipping issues, we have contacted our distribution center. Our operations manager will email you to try to clear up any mistakes that may have been made.
I want to thank you for your comments and apologize for any disatisfaction. We want to make you happy!

Chelsey Paraschak -March 3, 2007, 8:15PM

Hello There! I’ve been shopping at free people for years because I love the vintage flair of the items, and this belt post provoked me to post here, myself.
I actually create belt buckles made from vintage buckles adored with all antique and victorian jewelry pieces.
I feel weird self-promoting here, but I do love free people immensely and the whole antique, homemade look of the clothing line, and i figured…what the heck? :)
In any case, my website is http://www.chelseylorenbelts.com, so feel free to check it out if it sounds interesting.
If not… no biggie! I’m going to explore this blog some more as I just discovered it by stumbling upon this buckle on the FP site.
keep on doing what you do best!
Chelsey