vintage for beach bunnies

suit2.jpg
suit3.jpg
Free People features swimsuits by designer Elissa Dunlop. Elissa’s fun filled prints are inspired by vintage patterns found on polyester from the 60′s and 70′s. Check out this suit in three of her poppy prints…and her styles are limited in quantity, so you’re unlikely to see any beach bunny clones running around. Her website is super cute and you can read her story about how she got started. Check out other FP bikini tops and bikini bottoms

Comments

suzi -January 26, 2007, 5:53PM

Elissa’s website has such cool graphics and designs.. Thanks for sharing.

Sophia -January 26, 2007, 6:14PM

I just looked at Elissa’s website. I absolutely love all of the fabric she uses! I own a vintage clothing store and yesterday I bought a few vintage bathing suits to sell…or maybe to keep. I just can’t wait until it’s warm enough to actually wear them! Thanks for posting her website! I’ll definetly recommend it to my customers.

Anonymous -January 26, 2007, 9:12PM

so cute!!! that model sells Free People clothes so well

julianne -January 27, 2007, 9:12PM

Hi, I love all the beautiful swimwear out there right now. Using vintage fabrics certainly appeals to my sense of style. My one big complaint is that most swimwear is only made in the halter style. This is to hard for me to wear. The pressure on the back of my neck causes headaches. I’ll bet I’m not alone in this. I wish designers would make more styles w/the bra top style that doesn’t press on the spine. At least have a variety, and not one style every year over and over. I’ve been waiting for a change in styles but the halter seems like it only gets more attention every season.If you shop anywhere, you see about 97% halters and 3% bra tops! Does anyone else have this problem? Maybe if designers know they will do something different:)

jamie -January 28, 2007, 6:49AM

those are so cute. i went on her website & loved all her other suits as well. do you know where you can buy some of the other suit on her site? thanks.

Lara -January 28, 2007, 12:54PM

Those are seriously all so cute i could not choose just one! too bad the top wouldn’t contain my bazoombas. :(

Lori -February 23, 2007, 12:24PM

I definitely agree about the halter tops! They don’t give me headaches like they do to Julianne, but I’m getting slightly sick on them. I love variety but it seems like everything is a halter bikini, halter bikini, halter bikini. Maybe there could be some more thrown into the mix!

westy -January 30, 2008, 10:42PM

I ALWAYS get a headache when I wear any kind of halter top! I also get headaches when I put my sunglasses on the top of my head, even if it’s only for a few minutes. Does anyone else experience this?

Adrian Savitch -July 8, 2010, 6:48AM

Mind if I use some of the information from this post if I provide a link back to your site?

novoline kaufen -January 25, 2014, 9:38AM

If you wish for to grow your experience simply keep visiting this
website and be updated with the hottest news update posted here.