swap photos!

swap2.jpg
swap3.jpg
The Free People Valentine’s Swap is coming to an end. I just received my gift today! I can tell swapping is going to be addicting. I feel like I could start a mini art collection this way…
So above are some of the photos from the swap. There are a hundred more here… Leave the swappers some comments. They made really incredible stuff. And keep on the lookout for the next swap. We have to do this again. Anybody have any good ideas for the next theme?

Tags: , ,

Comments

Anonymous -February 12, 2007, 6:04PM

On an off comment – free people exclusives are LIES! I just saw an “exclusive” at nordstroms!! I feel so cheated :(

Sophia -February 12, 2007, 11:00PM

I really enjoyed making my item for the swap. I would love to do another one! I think that it would be fun to do a swap with a Spring and Summer theme. Last week there were two sunny and warm days that made me love life and every last bit of the world! I think that everyone could have fun capturing the euphoria of the onset spring and the delicious laziness of summer.

Brendizzle -February 13, 2007, 1:47AM

Next theme should be – easter or something involving dried pasta shells, glitter, and paste – I got it, MOTHER’S DAY! a day in celebrating the uteri of the world. To past, present, future, aspiring, inspiring females across the land… cheers.

Anonymous -February 13, 2007, 2:03AM

A few neat themes: “girly luxury” .. “vintage” .. or “flowers”

Anonymous -February 13, 2007, 3:18AM

I would LOVE to do this again! I posted the pics of mine on my blog but haven’t yet on Flicker. SOme swap ideas:
Spring
Fashion
Floral
Peace
Relaxation
Shabby Chic
Bohemian

fpgirl -February 13, 2007, 9:13AM

About the FP exclusives…
There had to have been some sort of mistake. If you can tell me what the item is, I can check if the copy is wrong on the website. Thanks for calling it out though!

Anabel -February 13, 2007, 10:11AM

Congratulations! The Valentine´s swap have been a great idea!

Failli -February 13, 2007, 11:58AM

How about green leaves?
from tea leaves to four leaf clovers…anything green!

Anonymous -February 13, 2007, 12:18PM

If it is a mistake, there have been MANY. Two of your “exclusives” are currently being sold on-line by Nordstrom’s. Both your Slinky Double V and Long Sleeve Stripe Deep Henley Hoodie (sold as Rugby Stripe Hoody) are available at Nordstroms. Furthermore, your Pleated Cotton Tank, is available on-line at Urbanoutfitters (as F.P. Shear Pleated Tank) along with the Pointelle Cropped legging (listed as F.P. Thermal Cropped Legging)!! Don’t get me wrong, I love your clothes, but def. feel scammed. Check it out for yourselves: http://www.nordstroms.com http://www.urbanoutfitters.com (just search “free people”)

fpgirl -February 13, 2007, 3:04PM

I checked out those sites and figured out the issue. These items are exclusive to our website because the colors we are selling are not available anywhere else, even though the style was available. I can see why it would be misleading. I will pass your feedback along and maybe we can work to make the exclusives more specific. We didn’t mean to scam you!

jennysue -February 13, 2007, 4:31PM

artist trading cards are a fun swap….2 and a half by 3 and a half inch cards that are minature works of art. you can enlist a theme, or just go crazy… i do these with my elementary kids and they LOVE it! oh… and i love it too…

Jennifer -February 13, 2007, 9:15PM

This was so much fun. My swap buddy has gotten hers and loved it!! I am hoping that the postman delivers mine tomorrow for V-day!!!

cruststation -February 14, 2007, 7:43AM

Thank you fpgirl for organising the swap, it was so much fun watching everyone else’s contribution and to participate!

amanda -February 14, 2007, 4:45PM

something pertaining to locks and/or keys, perhaps?

Anonymous -February 14, 2007, 5:09PM

I love the idea of anything green. Maybe a sort of St.Partick’s Day theme, or anything having to do with fairy folk, magic,luck, nature, greenery etc.

lisa Morales -February 14, 2007, 8:48PM

It’s Valentine’s Day and I didn’t get my Valentine. Did this happen to anyone else?

erin -February 15, 2007, 10:05PM

I haven’t gotten my valentine either : (

wendy -February 16, 2007, 7:30PM

I didn’t receive my Valentine swap either!!! :’(

Julia -February 18, 2007, 10:39PM

I loved the Valentine’s swap!!! I definitely want to do more, it’s so much fun to make something for someone and then get a present in the mail!!!

sarah -February 19, 2007, 9:55AM

This was my first swap and it was so fun! It’s exciting to make something for someone you don’t know,hoping that they will like it :) I loved my gift and I def. want to be in the next swap! I like the Spring idea or the magic,luck,nature idea too.
I hope you all finally received you swap gifts :(
Thanks again fpgirl! :)

Sarah -February 20, 2007, 2:50AM

Is a single (1) month too close to call on a theme?
I would LOVE to participate in the next theme if we were to Celebrate the Astrological New Year, March 22nd this year. Got me thinking since the Lunar New Year was just two days ago on Feb 18!
* New beginnings
* Warm weather onset
* Be Bold, Original..

brenda -February 20, 2007, 4:11AM

No receive Valentine Swap = sadness.
I think i’ll go cry myself to sleep now…

leslie -February 22, 2007, 4:56PM

i received my Valentine after all…just a little address mistake. whew!

Anonymous -February 28, 2007, 2:11AM

The Valentine swap turned out really great, I definately want to sign up for the next one! I also think a St. Patrick/green fairy theme would be a fun idea.

mama -September 6, 2007, 6:16PM

This is so cute!
You can come to swap with internationals swappers on http://www.sirpriz.com
Regards