cape town platforms

We are in love with these! What are we loving? Well, we’re super into platforms, and the ankle wrap is key. The African prints are really cheerful for summer, and there are 5 different prints to choose from. The stitching detail is really great, and they’re comfy. AND they were designed by our accessories designers so you won’t see them anywhere else. Check em out here

Comments

Anonymous -April 15, 2007, 7:33AM

What is the height on these?

Becky -April 15, 2007, 2:19PM

Hi fp girl,
I was just wondering what happened to the furniture and display items at the stores after each season. Is any of it available for purchase?

Anonymous -April 16, 2007, 9:50AM

I totally agree. I ordered a pair and absolutely fell in LOVE with them, in fact, I am thinking about buying another pair with a different fabric!!

fpgirl -April 16, 2007, 10:04AM

Hey Becky! Sometimes display items are available for purchase, other times we reuse them. I’m going to work with the display team so I can post when there are items for sale. So keep your eye on the blog!

fpgirl -April 16, 2007, 10:41AM

Hi Anonymous. The height at the toe is 1.5″ and at the heel 3.5″

Marni Leigh -April 16, 2007, 2:16PM

I am writing to thank all the lovely young ladies that work at Free People at the Garden State Plaza, in Paramus, NJ. They were so helpful and accommodating. It is nice to know that people truly make time to help others. These employees really took the time, and thank you to all of you. Thanks to free people, being free to be themselves.
All love
Peace and many blessings,
Marni Leigh

Anonymous -April 18, 2007, 12:41AM

Why is Free People so expensive? I love your clothes but found an exact replica of the Ava Platform Sandal in the chocolate color for $13.98 at Target today vs. $175.00
It’d be great if you guys could put more stuff on sale or something so us less financially endowed can buy these great clothes!

mia -April 18, 2007, 2:41PM

There are only whole sizes listed? Should we sixe up or down when selecting a sixe?

fpgirl -April 18, 2007, 4:17PM

Hi April,
We recommend sizing up. The ankle wraps are adjustable, and you don’t want your toes hanging over the edge!

fpgirl -April 18, 2007, 5:09PM

To the anonymous Target shopper…
About the Ava platform: Ours are made by a brand called Kork-Ease. They are the original American cork wedges popular in the 70′s. Worn by Bette Midler and collected by Betsey Johnson. The originals had hand made buff colored cork. I’m not sure if the new versions are hand made, but the point is, you’re paying for great design and quality. Our Ava’s are super light and made of high quality leather and suede. Time and love are put into everything at FP.

Jessica Torres -April 20, 2007, 1:42PM

I have a question on the sizing…I’m bewtween a 10 and 11 and usually can get away with wearing a shoe like this without it being obvious. Is it possible for me to wear these or will I look completely uncute?

paramusfreepeoplegirls -April 20, 2007, 1:58PM

To Marnie, who posted above:
It was so nice helping you! You should come in again soon, girl! We loved making outfits for you!

fpgirl -April 20, 2007, 2:41PM

Hi Jessica,
I say try em out! You’ll never know if you can’t try them on. You can always return them, the process is pretty painless.

lola -May 6, 2007, 4:01PM

I LOVE these shoes! I wish i had the money for them! oh well! one day…

isabel -October 14, 2007, 3:57PM

Hey free people, love your clothes! I am wondering if i buy these shoes and they dont fit, can i return the shoes online to get another size even if they are on sale?