our new store, greenwich connecticut!

fit3.JPG%2CDanaInfo%3D.awfdpenr%2B.jpeg
fit2.JPG%2CDanaInfo%3D.awfdpenr%2B.jpeg
fit4.JPG%2CDanaInfo%3D.awfdpenr%2B.jpeg
Last week, the Free People display team, the merchandisers, and the retail teams were all busy setting up our new store in Greenwich, Connecticut! You should definitely go visit the store and see how it came out, but here are some “behind the scenes” of the preparation.
The above photos are of the finished art in the fitting rooms. The display team hand paints, draws, stencils something unique in each room. Don’t they look amazing???
yarn1-1.JPG%2CDanaInfo%3D.awfdpenr%2B.jpeg
yarn2.JPG%2CDanaInfo%3D.awfdpenr%2B.jpeg
And here we have the transportation of the giant yarn balls. Looks like a comfy ride…
cashwrap.JPG%2CDanaInfo%3D.awfdpenr%2B.jpeg
This is the first Free People store to have this cool new cash-wrap. (Don’t mind the mess, remember this was from setting up the store) The little windows are filled with treasures found in Hong Kong. Some have flowers, stationary, and other crazy sparkly Chinese decorations. One of our sweater designers, Amy, lives in Hong Kong and she found all of these incredible bits for us. She said she sourced them in these tiny hole-in-the-wall shops and alley ways. She had lots of fun finding them and it was so different from working on the sweaters. Thanks to Amy, the cash-wrap looks awesome! Go check out the store for yourself!

Tags: ,

Comments

Amphetamine -June 27, 2007, 12:38PM

You guys should go into housewares more. Who wouldn’t want drapes like that in their home? Or at least, share lengths of cloth with us to get crafty with. :P

Bridget -June 27, 2007, 12:58PM

COME VISIT US @809. WE WOULD LUV TO MEET THE REST OF THE FREE PEOPLE TEAM! OUR STORE LOOKS AMAZING! EVERYONE SHOULD COME CHECK US OU!!! :)

Anonymous -June 27, 2007, 2:00PM

will there ever be a store in CA???!!!!!

Amber -June 27, 2007, 5:20PM

The store looks SPLENDIFEROUS! I live in Oklahoma(where the wind comes sweeping down the planes) and would love to know any info on how the TX stores are coming along.I do my FP shopping online but would love to make the trip to an actual store…thanks so much!

ayumi -June 27, 2007, 6:27PM

sooo cute, but you ever thought about opening a store in las vegas? :D
oh well, when i go to college in VA i’ll make a 3 hour trip to the closest one.

Anonymous -June 27, 2007, 10:32PM

the cash wrap is gorgeous!!!

fpgirl -June 27, 2007, 10:40PM

A store in CA is coming soon! Check out freepeople.com under “store locations” for new store openings!

jeska -June 28, 2007, 2:28AM

I just love your blog, would love to work in one of your stores, it looks like amazing and creative fun, shame I live in the UK!

Paramus Girls -June 28, 2007, 11:26AM

Paramus has mad love for the girls at Greenwich!!!
Work it, CT ladies!!!

marn -June 29, 2007, 12:58AM

Can you tell me anything you know about the chicago stores opening date?? I am hoping it is soon!

arlington fp -June 29, 2007, 10:45AM

have any of you been to the store in Arlington, VA???? It’s a beautiful store. If you’re ever in the DC area stop by!!!!

jen -June 29, 2007, 11:23AM

Oh man, I want giant balls of yarn! Wish I lived closer…I really like free people.

Jess -July 1, 2007, 6:54PM

I think I’m in love. Awww the store looks absolutely lovely! It’s amazing and so beautiful and creative and crafty! I would lovveee to have curtains like those and the paintings done are absolutely gorgeous! Ohh and a giant yarn ball would become the center piece of my room if I could ;)Everything is great! I love free people stores and everything about free people!
xx

teresa -July 15, 2007, 7:14PM

Wow…love the creativity explosion in that new store. Man that looks like it was a fun process!!

emily -September 1, 2007, 9:43AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the Greenwich store. I live in Westchester NY and I was waiting and waiting for a store to open near me (because prior to this one, Bloomingdales small selection had to suffice, either that or an hour car ride to Roosevelt Fields Mall) and just as it opened, I left for camp. You can only imagine my distress. Anyways, I went to the store a few days ago and I LOVE IT. Free People is by far my favorite brand/clothing and makes up 25% of my closet. So THANK YOU for opening a store in Greenwich. It looks INCREDIBLE and I’m planning on going back VERY soon.

Emeline -January 18, 2010, 7:27AM

I searched on google “giant yarn ” and I found your post.
Can you explain me where did you buy it or how did you make ?
Thank you !!