new showroom new york

%2Cshow3%3D.awfdpenr%2BIMG_1162.JPG
The Free People display team is in the process of decorating our new New York showroom. The showroom is where we sell to all the other stores that sell Free People. We display all of our upcoming collections there and the girls in the showroom work with the buyers of each store to choose the best styles for their particular customers and locations.
So here’s a few shots of the supplies and process. I’ll try to get some photos for you of the finished showroom too!

Tags: ,

Comments

sarah ann -August 1, 2007, 1:05PM

Is there an application process which is not on the UOInc. site for possibly working in the NY showroom? (-so asks an art school graduate)

nathalie -August 1, 2007, 7:29PM

Is the show room open to anyone?

fpgirl -August 1, 2007, 10:19PM

hey art school grad…
all of the jobs are posted on the web. there are no secret ways of getting a job (not that I know of anyway) did you apply on the site???
for nathalie…
no, the showroom is not open to everyone. it is only open to wholesale customers by appointment.

kayte -August 1, 2007, 10:36PM

hey there- do you guys have stylist services in the new showroom? i would love to get some contact info for future projects!

fpgirl -August 2, 2007, 9:16AM

Hi Kayte! We don’t really have “stylists” at the showroom. We have merchandisers that put together all of the looks on the displays, and our creative team does the styling for any photoshoots. Other than that, all of our sales girls in the showroom are pretty stylish ladies themselves…
If you are interested in a job in the showroom, you can apply to openings on our website. Hope that helped!

kayte -August 2, 2007, 10:43PM

oh, i guess i should have been less vague. i meant to ask if it is a showroom that stylists can borrow from?
i work with the anthro pr people but it would be great to use free people clothes for shoots too!

Jess -August 2, 2007, 11:01PM

Aww the designs look great!! I just adore everything that spills out of the free people designer’s minds for decoration and what-not. It’s all fabulous! Do you think you could take pictures of some of those stylish ladies at the event for the site? And maybe some pictures of the event! That would be so fun to see! Thanks so much! Aww the designs look great!! I just adore everything that spills out of the free people designer’s minds for decoration and what-not. It’s all fabulous! Do you think you could take pictures of some of those stylish ladies at the event for the site? And maybe some pictures of the event! That would be so fun to see! Thanks so much! <3
xx

Kate -August 3, 2007, 12:52AM

It all looks wonderful! I love that it’s all hand painted too, it makes it so much better to look at!

Anonymous -August 6, 2007, 11:50AM

hey let’s get on top of openning a store in the city after lol
just a friendly suggestion =)

danie -August 15, 2007, 5:11PM

what type of experience does FP look for when hiring people to work in the showroom and merchandising?????

FP visuals -August 23, 2007, 5:35PM

We will be opening a store in NYC soon! Hopefully before the holidays!

Carrie -January 15, 2008, 1:20PM

Where is the Free people showroom loacted

fpgirl -January 15, 2008, 5:54PM

Hi Carrie! The showroom is in the garment district.

alissa -May 10, 2008, 5:43PM

Uh, I was searching for an Urban Outfitters on Google Maps and 218 W 40th St. New York, Ny 10018 showed up,
but I also checked the UO website’s store locator list and it wasn’t on it.
So I called the number which was (646) 728-1200 to check what it actually was and it said it was the Free People NY showroom.
So, is there like an actual UO store there?

fpgirl -May 12, 2008, 7:43AM

Hi Alissa,
No, there’s no Urban store there. It must have just come up because Urban Outfitters is our parent company, and some how the address is listed under that name. That’s weird though. Was is just the yellow pages that you found that on??

Kasia -September 18, 2008, 2:28AM

do you guys have any warehouses or discount locations anywhere in the us?

fpgirl -September 18, 2008, 9:31AM

Hi Kasia,
No, there are not any outlets or discount locations. You can often find older styles at off-price retailers though.
Hope that helps!

Marilyn -November 18, 2008, 4:48PM

Hi FP!
I was just wondering- do free people employees get free/discounted merchandise?
By the way, near my home in Eldersburg, MD there is a “main street” opening that I think would be a perfect Free People location!

Samantha -January 25, 2009, 10:57AM

Hello!!
I’m a junior in high school and am 16 years old and in LOVE with Free People. I’ve been wearing your designs for years and adore everything about them. It would be my greatest dream to work during the summer at one of your store locations. Greenwich or Manhattan is possible. I plan on sending a letter to the managers of the stores. Do you have any other suggestions?
-Sam