stache haters

FP girl has something to say to all you stache haters. But first, check out this hat made by Vik Pronsdottir. I spotted it over on love forever and it is fitting for today’s topic…
Anywho, those of you insulting the Free People girls, shame on you. These girls work so hard to make these beautiful things. There are people in this office working 12 hour days and eating lunch at their desks. There are people working weekend after weekend to find the perfect shoes, or the most amazing ribbon trim. And it’s not all fun; there are still endless emails, and paperwork, and meetings and reports. It might sound silly, but this is what we do. And we are lucky enough to work in an environment where we can work that hard, and still fit in some paper mustaches. There is love, sweat and passion put into Free People and we hope that is evident in the products we sell and the images we create.

Comments

Anonymous -August 23, 2007, 6:15PM

the only thing evident to me is the enormous profit you are making off of the consumer, especially for the QUALITY of garment you are peddling. why don’t you put a little more love, sweat and passion into that?

emily -August 23, 2007, 8:59PM

for those of you who wrote those rude comments on the previous post, why are you all even on this site looking at the blog if seeing pictures of the girls at work having fun pisses you off. They work SOO hard to create gorgeous and unique clothing so WHO CARES if they want to have a little fun and do something random for a day. That is part of what the whole free people aesthetic is about, being different, having fun, etc. Most clothing lines dont even have blogs and they certainly don’t share with their customers AT ALL about how their home office is run so maybe you should start shopping somewhere else!!!

Deej -August 23, 2007, 11:20PM

Amen! Dont listen to all those haters! Anyone who bad mouthes free people for being expensive should take into account the quality and detail of your clothes! BEAUTIFUL!

Randy -August 24, 2007, 6:36AM

I agree! How dare you insult these amazing women? Just because you can have fun while doing your job doesn’t mean you should be shamed for it. The Free People brand’s success is proof that these hardworking girls are doing something damn right. Whoever posted those insults needs to grow up and get off the frickin board.
and get a job!

mara -August 24, 2007, 11:05AM

whooaaa…i can’t believe people can be so mean! props to the FP girls for putting out a fabulous product and creating more beauty in the world. pay no attention to the anonymous hate-bloggers who probably work in a boring corporate environment that provides no creative stimulus whatsoever.
i attended a mustache party this past weekend and it was a blast…such great photo opps. i’m glad you girls had the chance to bring it into the workplace…keep truckin!

Liana -August 24, 2007, 11:53AM

I hate to say, but I kind of agree with Anonymous. It seems like the age group that these clothes are marketed towards can’t really afford them. Do you know what I mean? The clothes are young enough that most of the girls who wear them are getting the money from mom and dad. I know that when I saved a bunch (of my OWN money, thanks) to spend at Free People, I wasn’t that happy with the way the clothes held together. I don’t hate the site or anything, especially the blog, because most of the time you guys open things up and don’t talk about Free People.

mimi -August 24, 2007, 12:07PM

i think that FP is def. worth it when it comes to creativity. but as far as quality – i have ordered several items that were made quite poorly… cute details such as ribbons were almost ready to fall off the garmet the minute it arrived, bags that can’t hold more weight than a tube of lipstick without their straps almost detaching from the bag itself. i LOVE free people, just don’t think quality is a point they should be advertising. i think that FP is def. worth it when it comes to creativity. but as far as quality – i have ordered several items that were made quite poorly… cute details such as ribbons were almost ready to fall off the garmet the minute it arrived, bags that can’t hold more weight than a tube of lipstick without their straps almost detaching from the bag itself. i LOVE free people, just don’t think quality is a point they should be advertising. <3 thanks

Sarah Ann -August 24, 2007, 1:50PM

Wow, seriously, what’s wrong with having a bit of fun at work? That rarely happens!! If ever in the future there’s a NYC office I hope to transfer over there from whatever station I’m working at the time. Keep up the adorable work, girls!!!

Brittney -August 24, 2007, 4:59PM

No complaints here, I think you all do an amazing job. There was a particular shirt I wanted and when it sold out on the FP website, one of your girls helped me out locating it in one of your boutiques very promptly. I had the shirt in less than a week and I’m in love with it. Thank you FP :o) No complaints here, I think you all do an amazing job. There was a particular shirt I wanted and when it sold out on the FP website, one of your girls helped me out locating it in one of your boutiques very promptly. I had the shirt in less than a week and I’m in love with it. Thank you FP :o) <33333

katie -August 24, 2007, 10:59PM

oh oh, no worries about that anonymous character. we all love you girls and your stached or non-stached faces!

Anonymous -August 25, 2007, 8:37PM

I agree with all these people, the only reason to read the blog is because you love the clothes, so ms anonymous is a secret lover that’s angry at the clothes price tag :o
I’m an avid buyer (even as a student) regardless of the price, because I believe I am paying for the creativity. However, several garments have fallen apart after one or two wears and I’ve received one or two with a hole already in it, and when I returned it I know for a fact it went back up on the site for sale (even though I said it was damaged). ie. I bought the last one in “sale” and as soon as “my return was received” that size and color was back on the site… I continue to buy the clothes and love the unique aspect and them having fun, but I have been a little disappointed with quality since it does take such a big chunk out of my money :|

Megan -August 25, 2007, 8:38PM

I don’t want to be another ‘anonymous’, I posted that last comment :) I I don’t want to be another ‘anonymous’, I posted that last comment :) I <3 free people

Marissa -August 26, 2007, 3:25PM

Aw. I love Free People. The clothes are unlike anything you can find anywhere else. For such lovely handcrafted beauty, the prices are really quite reasonable.
And I totally want to work there when I get old enough!

fpgirl -August 27, 2007, 8:20AM

So there have been a few comments about the quality of FP clothing that I would like to address. We pay attention to the quality of our products, and it is our goal to deliver the best quality possible. Our designers and production teams are constantly working to ensure our clothes are the best they can be, from learning from mistakes to researching better facilities for production. Over the years, we have grown to a larger company and have been able to step up the quality of the production as well as the materials. We appreciate your feedback and would like you to know we are continuously improving in every way possible.

Kate -August 28, 2007, 10:30AM

Spread the stache love…you should enjoy the things you do, even if that means the odd moment of frivolous stache wearing then why not? Keep up the beautiful work :)

eve -September 4, 2007, 10:06PM

Where can I get that awesome beard cap?

Kate -September 7, 2007, 5:11AM

ps. Those who enjoy the mustache might also enjoy this!

fpgirl -September 8, 2007, 5:12PM

Those photos are completely ridiculous. Thanks for sharing!

Sarah Ann -September 8, 2007, 5:51PM

The Power of the ‘Stache Compels You! had to belatedly throw this in…

fpgirl -October 8, 2007, 11:56PM

Hi Everyone. I am still getting random comments floating in on this post, and I just wanted to let you know that they are ALL being read. I am passing any constructive comments along to the appropriate departments, both critical and complimentary. This conversation could continue forever, and I feel like the points have been made. Feel free to continue to submit your comments, and trust that they will be read by the appropriate people here at FP. Thanks!!!

fpgirl -October 15, 2007, 10:33PM

is Alicia still reading this?? I’ve passed along your comments and we’d like to respond directly to you. Would you like to comment and leave us your email address? We really appreciate your feedback.
Thanks!

Oakley Sunglasses -June 27, 2008, 3:39AM

The clothes are you can find anywhere else, but you should be appreciate people…
Thanks…