the dark fairy craft swap!

Our next craft swap theme is inspired by this month’s catalog, Dark Fairy. Think about woodland creatures, fairy tales, A Midsummer’s Night Dream, and gothic stories (or whatever else you can think up…). Feel free to comment with inspiration ideas!
Sign up will be from now until next Wednesday September 26th. We will have a month to make the crafts and can ship to partners the last weeks of October. Let’s get our gifts swapped so that everyone receives theirs before Halloween!
Sign up here. PLEASE double check your info and make sure your email address is correct. If your partner emails you, please respond so they know you are still swapping. If something happens and your gift will be late, give your partner a heads up. If you decide not to swap after signing up, PLEASE email me so I can match up your partner with a different swapper.
Check out our last two swaps here and here.
Happy swapping!

fairy1.jpg

Tags: , ,

Comments

Jo -September 17, 2007, 2:00PM

This is the perfect fall inspiration!
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Im so in love with the hole “fairytale” concept! Perfect!
Thank you so much Free People for doing “magic”!

Casey -September 17, 2007, 5:21PM

what a great idea!! I’m so excited!! :) although I have to say the last swap was a bit of a disappointment for me, because my swap partner and I never quite communicated sufficiently and thus the swap didn’t really work out. but hopefully this time will be better?? ;)

Britas -September 17, 2007, 6:37PM

Already signed up, I’m so so excited for this one! This is so completely me :).
My initial inspirations – haunted castles, rose vines, magick, snow, storms, gothic metal, black lace and chiffon, potions, misty forests, crystals, wings….

Anonymous -September 17, 2007, 11:11PM

I’ve seen a magical band in L.A. called Winter Flowers. Their style reminds me a little of this swap. They sing about “folk of the wood” and have their own hippie/Renaissance style. Astrid, the woman in the band designs their clothes and makes all kinds of crafts (a picture of her embroidery can be seen on the cover of their first album). Anyway, scroll down to the “Strawberry Morning” video on their myspace page.
Also, the magical realism of Francesca Lia Blocks books, with fairies and witches cavorting around modern day Los Angeles, might make for some good inspiration. http://www.francescaliablock.com/books.htm
Or check some gorgeous illustrated fairytale books out of the library. Arthur Rackham and K.Y. Craft are a couple of my favorites.
I left this link before, but here is my etsy shop again. rusalka.etsy.com I always have fairy and mermaid tales swimming around in my head. : )
I’m having a hard time narrowing down what I want to make for the swap…

Anonymous -September 17, 2007, 11:13PM

p.s. Are dark water mermaids allowed?

fpgirl -September 18, 2007, 6:08PM

YES! to dark water mermaids. I have a thing for mermaids and was thinking of doing something inspired by them too!

Lisa Kaus -September 19, 2007, 2:53AM

Just discovered FP this weekend and totally fell in love- So great to see the blog and concept behind the clothes…Eye candy abound…

Anonymous -September 19, 2007, 1:01PM

muahahahha!

Lauren -September 21, 2007, 10:58AM

I signed up for the past two swaps and i can only imagine what a dissapointment it would be not to recieve your gift from your partner. So, I would be willing to take two partners if you want to be sure and get a gift, or if you haven’t recieved your gift by a certain time, I’ll send you one. =) providing this is all ok w/ fpgirl! let me know….

Laura Twilley -September 21, 2007, 1:12PM

In reference to the old book theme, check this out:

Anonymous -September 23, 2007, 2:50PM

Have swap partners been assigned yet? I signed up but haven’t been emailed yet. Maybe you can post about it when you have assigned partners so I’ll be able to keep a look out, because last time I didn’t realize I hadn’t received mine yet.
Thanks. : )

perfectdayelise -September 25, 2007, 6:53PM

um…is the sign up going to work again at some point? i’d like to do this but the link is broken!

fpgirl -September 26, 2007, 8:01AM

Hey swappers. I know the sign up is broken. We are trying to fix it. I will extend it until Friday so everyone gets a chance to sign up. Sorry about that!
Thanks!

fpgirl -September 26, 2007, 5:18PM

Hi Everyone. The sign up link was broken, but we fixed it. So sign up for the swap!! Last sign up is Friday the 28th!

Ijlal -September 27, 2007, 8:44PM

I am so excited just signed up. First Swap Can’t wait YIPPIEEEEEEEE.

vintagechutzpah -October 22, 2007, 8:30AM

Hey, I’ve signed up but I didn’t receive any address to swap with! :(

Anonymous -December 9, 2007, 3:59PM

I lust love fairys and the pics that are on this page!!!

Anonymous -December 9, 2007, 4:01PM

You can so tell that you aren’t in the forest. its just a back ground.