new york photos

ny3.JPG
ny1.JPG
ny2.JPG
I know we never posted the photos from our newest, largest store in New York City, so here you go!

Tags:

Comments

Camille Riley -January 9, 2008, 5:49PM

Lovely store :)
I wanted to ask all of you fp workers/girls to participate in my big project of 2008, a book full of handwritten love stories about how people fell in love with something – a person place event idea or even food! I’d absolutly love to see what you creative girls can send and contribute to my project. I look forward to hearing from you! :) The information can be found on my blog, or at this link

kayte -January 9, 2008, 8:28PM

it looks great! i went in there a few weeks ago and one of our old anthro guards was working the door so it felt like family.
i really like those floral, sequined wall-hangings.

dani -January 12, 2008, 3:26PM

i can’t wait to go an visit the new store!!!!

TokyoBunnie -January 15, 2008, 7:19PM

Those glitter floral wall pieces are amazing! I love them!

Erin -January 16, 2008, 11:43AM

I am proud to work at this beautiful store! :) Go Free People!

<3 FP -January 21, 2008, 6:57PM

Hi FP Girl, i was wondering where you guys got the sequin sheets to make the floral sequin boards you hung on the walls at your New York City store? I love them and really want a new project to do, but i cant seem to find the sequin sheets your team used!! THANKS!

andrea -January 22, 2008, 6:22PM

of course after I leave the city :(

fpgirl -January 24, 2008, 11:30AM

Hey heart FP. I’m going to see if the display team can give you some advice. I know that one of our designers handmade the proto and then they had the rest made in India. I’ll get back to you soon.

fpgirl -January 25, 2008, 12:19AM

So here is the advice from our display team regarding the sequined canvases. For our proto, our designer actually hand sewed each sequin on by hand, and then left a space for the screen printed flower applique. She does not recommend doing that yourself! Luren suggests going to a fabric store and buying a small amount of sequined fabric, maybe the stretchy variety. This could be a little expensive, so another great alternative would be to find some sequined wonder of a dress at a thrift store for a couple of dollars. That way you would be recycling material and not spending much $$. The fabric can them be fixed onto a frame of canvas stretchers and decorated as you like.
Hope that helps! If you end up making the project, you should send me the photos and I’ll post them on the blog! Just leave your email address in a comment and I will get in touch. happy crafting!