This is Jenny’s mix for the Urban Outfitters Inc. Home Office CD exchange. Jenny works in Wholesale Operations for FP. Here’s a little note from Jenny.
“No, no theme. I was originally going to be all dark and bitter so as to have the Valentine’s day theme be ironic, but then I figured there was enough irony around Urban Outfitters Inc., so I just picked love-themed favs.
The track I left off was Rufus Wrainwright’s “Hallelujah,” although I’m still trying to figure out of I could put the Miracles’ “You Really Got a Hold on Me” (you might remember this song from early 80′s Sesame Street videos where Lionel Ritchie(?) sang it with a Muppet long on arms).
Also, as far as cover art goes, I did a Google image search on the first track and this is what came up. It’s from this chick’s blog zazazu.wordpress.com So I’ll probably do a black and white version, since I have a BW laser printer and am too lazy to find a solution to the color problem. “
1. Wishing and Hoping: Ani Difranco
2. To Bring You My Love: PJ Harvey
3. Valentine: Old 97′s
4. Crayola Doesn’t Make a Color for your Eyes: Kristin Andreassen
5. Day Like Any: Feist
6. Mama You Been on My Mind: Bob Dylan featuring Joan Baez
7. Laisse Tomber Les Filles: April March
8. I Told her Lies: Robbie Faulks
9. What Kind of Man are You?: Ray Charles
10. Death of Me: Tony Lucca
11. Don’t Speak: Leela James
12. Sinnerman: Nina Simone
13. Apologize: Timbaland
14. I Believe in a Thing Called Love: The Darkness
15. Ain’t No Other Man: Christina Aguilara
16. Just a Thought: Gnarls Barkley
17. With or Without You: U2
18. Just Friends: Wilco
19. Addicted to Love: Robert Palmer
20. I Know What Boys Like: The Waitresses