Free People Picture Frames by Chelsea Wilcox

sc00e4acc2.jpg
Aren’t these frames so cool? Recently we got an email from Free People girl Chelsea Wilcox, who asked us if we might like to see some picture frames she made out of Free People catalogs. We did, and we loved them so much, we wanted to share them with you!
Here’s a little note from Chelsea, who is pictured on the right in the top two photos:
“I’m 18 years old and an avid lover of Free People clothes! I recently made a bunch of frames decorated with snippets from the two most recent Free People magazines. I just cut out all the designs I liked into squares and rectangles from clothes and patterns that were within the magazine. Then I placed the cut-outs on a photo matte-board that had been cut to place a picture inside. You don’t really have to use a matte-board, a hard piece of cardboard would work as well. And, you do not have to have the matte-board pre-cut, you could also glue your photo in the center and work around it–but having it pre-cut makes the photo a lot more evenly placed!”
I think this is such a cool idea. Thank you for sharing Chelsea!
Check out this older post for another cool way to craft with Free People catalogs!

Tags: ,

Comments

fprebecca -June 20, 2008, 12:02PM

OMG! I love these!!! I work at FP and what a great gift for all my fellow FP co-workers?! Thanks for the great idea Chelsea! :)

Dana G -June 20, 2008, 1:27PM

wow! this girl definetly has some major talent and she is beautiful to go along with it! if i were her i would try to see if the free people store was interested in making her some kind of offer to sell the picture frames.

Leslie Lynn -June 20, 2008, 1:36PM

wow fabulous and recycles too !

Jennifer Perkins -June 20, 2008, 3:05PM

I have been obsessed with Patchwork and actually just did a 3 part blog series on it (mentioned the Free People Emporium Bag of course). Wish I had seen these frames when I blogged about Patchwork Home Decor they are eco-friendly and awesome. Love the blood thirsty bears!

Ju Ju -June 21, 2008, 11:27AM

I think that this is a brilliant idea. The frames are so colorful and really highlight those beautiful photographs well. Good idea for sending along with pals that are heading off to college!

B -June 23, 2008, 8:18AM

Those look so good!
I actually did the same thing, after the blog with the jewelry.
I made a shelf in my closet too
:o)

Tom Schavo -June 23, 2008, 10:48AM

Aint that too jazy looking frames? ma idea would be little jazzy and little descent, makes cool frames. what guys?