Henry Clarke

2329260754_7dbce7701a_o.jpg
2388876834_81b9b34021_o.jpg
Bettina%2Bpour%2BGilbert%2BOrgel%2B1952.jpg
Canada%2BFurs%2BAutomne-Hiver%2B1957.jpg
Gigi%2Bpour%2BJacques%2BGriffe%2B1951.jpg
Joanna%2BMcCormick%2Bpour%2BDior%2B1957.jpg
Many of you are probably already familiar with the work of photographer Henry Clarke, but I have been enjoying these photographs so much lately I wanted to share them with you! Born in 1918, Mr. Clarke worked under contract for French, American, and British Vogue from 1950 through the late 70′s, and is well known for his beautiful photographs of haute-couture. The pictures I’ve shown here are all from the 1950′s, a decade which he captured like no one else! He passed away in 1996, and left his archives to the Musee de la Mode et du Costume in Paris.

Tags: ,

Comments

Grecia -June 6, 2008, 10:34PM

Hi, Im a visitor for quite a while now, and I like FPs blog a lot! I love these photos the women showed up there have a strong character in an elegant way.

Brittaney -June 8, 2008, 2:29AM

Dearest Free People:
I am in dire need of some help. I was absolutely in love with the Twilight Empire hooded jacket from the July ’07 catalog. (The July ’07 catalog has been my favorite FP catalog..ever!)
I regrettably didn’t buy the Twilight Empire jacket and I am now scouring the internet for a possible find. I would absolutely love to have the greenish taupe color, but I’d take any color. Do you know of anywhere I might find this jacket? I have been scouring ebay, too. Please help!! Much love.
Britt

Gina -June 9, 2008, 6:07PM

The dress is the first picture I so want, along with the coat in the third one. They had so much grace and style in that era.

heatha -June 10, 2008, 3:41PM

Hi Britt!
The Twilight Jacket *was* really cute! We are definitely sold out of that one. I can’t make any promises but keep an eye on freepeople.com in July-when our fall stuff starts to appear. We will not have the exact jacket but may have something in a similar shape. Best of luck with your search!

Brittaney -June 10, 2008, 7:55PM

Thanks so much for your help.. I am super psyched for fall FP! 2007′s July-Sept catalogs were so amazing. I loved the Grunge Princess and Dark Fairy looks best out of any FP look. :)

Christian Louboutin -June 3, 2010, 6:37AM

Thanks for sharing this.

Louboutin shoes -June 16, 2010, 8:22AM

Thank you for useful info. :-)