DIY with Adrianne Lee!

The picture above is one of Adrianne Lee’s awesome fashion illustrations! She posted it on Free People’s Facebook profile a while ago, and from there we found her website, NinkyBink Boutique! On her website we found a ton of other cool fashion illustrations, as well as some really cute clothes she has designed! One thing lead to another and we asked Adrianne if she would be willing to do a guest post here on our Free People blog – and she was! So today it is my delight to bring you Adrianne’s awesome post, where she teaches us how to easily make a really cute corset tank! (With a lot of her great illustrations too!) Enjoy!

In less than two hours from now, you can have in your possession a corset worthy of envy from Marie Antoinette herself! This corset will defy the idea that corsets are uncomfortable (it’s made of a t-shirt!), it will be adorned with exquisitely quirky pieces of flare, and it will be made by the finest couturier, you! Don’t have a sewing machine? A needle and thread will be fine! I assure you, even if you have never sewn before, this project will be something you can handle with success!
Furthermore, this project was intentionally created to work as a coordinate with your Free People wardrobe! While it’s hot out you might pair it with a skirt and some fun leg wear and as it gets colder layer it with sweaters, jackets, and other tops! I drew a picture to give you a few ideas but I am sure you can come up with more.
FreePeopleGirls450.jpg
This tutorial video will walk you through the steps! Good luck!

Quirky%20Brooches.jpg
Here’s a little scrapbook to go along with the project!
Projectscrapbook2.jpg
I love this! I can’t wait to make my very own corset tank! Maybe tomorrow… on a relaxing Sunday? Thank you so much to Adrianne Lee! What an awesome craft project!
Also, if you find yourself wanting a corset tank very badly but not wanting to do the work, you can find other gorgeous tanks at Adrianne’s Etsy Shop!

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

heather -July 19, 2008, 8:36PM

Adrianne! This was awesome! xoxo

Lizzie -July 19, 2008, 10:56PM

I was hoping you could tell me which bands’ music is featured on the Dec ’07 and May ’07 catalog videos. Thanks…
I’ve been frequenting the Free People website for a few months, and I like your crafty, handmade aesthetic.

Chloe Cumbow -July 21, 2008, 1:08PM

very cute. Am commenting here because the directions for the top were very clear and well done. Thanks, will make one right away. Was thinking about subdviding some of her suggested cuts horizontally…but will follow the directions first before getting crazy. Thanks again and good luck Adrianne in whatever you want to do! Chloe C.

pruittfpgirl -July 23, 2008, 10:05AM

Hey Lizzie!
The song in the May 2007 video is by Relay, and the song is called “Driver.” The song in the December 2007 video is by We Have Heaven, and we are not sure what it’s called!! :( But it is remembered that it had something to do with birds, or seagulls or something, in the title. Both of these bands have Myspace pages. They are kind of small bands though, so keep that in mind when searching them! I hope this helps!
xo
p

katie -July 26, 2008, 3:52PM

ahhh i loved this!!-it will be my weekend project :)
more videos like this would be fantastic :D and it would be awesome if one day you made a video showing how you do all the hairstyles that can be seen on the models :D
thank you adrianne! (nice music too)

AstrologyReadings -November 8, 2009, 1:16AM

Hey, sweet site. Keep up the good work!