Learn to Braid with FP!

The latest edition of BLDG15 Threads is here!
Lately at Free People, we have been really into braids – you might have noticed them on many of our models!
In our latest BLDG15 Threads, we show you (with the help of our hairstylist) how to make three different types of braids – a knot braid, fishtail, and twist-rope braid!
Check out this video below, in which our hairstylist makes a fishtail braid on one of our models while showing us how! You can find a video for the knot braid on BLDG15 Threads, as well as step-by-step instructions and drawings for each braid. Be sure to have a look!

Just for fun, here are a few shots of some girls around the office today, sporting their braids!

IMG_2912.JPG
IMG_2923as.jpg
braids.jpg

Tags: ,

Comments

H.G. -August 30, 2008, 2:43PM

Awesome! I was wondering how to make those awesome braids in the latest catalog.
Now you guys have to show us how to do makeup FP style!

kt -August 30, 2008, 6:13PM

Thank youuuu!!! :D:D:D:D:D

Emily Rodgers -August 30, 2008, 6:18PM

I loved this blog! I actually took inspiration from the Free People website in the spring and started using the braids from the models in my own hair. I was thrilled to see the video and am excited to try the new knot braid. Thanks!

lacouturier -August 30, 2008, 7:49PM

cute! please check out my fashion blog, http://la-couturier.blogspot.com!

Linda Medlin -August 30, 2008, 11:05PM

LOVE the braids, but what if you don’t have someone with skilled hands to do the braids?

Myranda e. -September 1, 2008, 5:34AM

i found this and thought you might like it. The “Nifty” Braid —->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23T5rHQlPwQ
p.s. i love how you reply to to comments! I’m serious. I am most grateful.

Jennifer -September 6, 2008, 7:48PM

This has been one of my favorite posts to date! Thanks for the inspiration!

meghan -September 7, 2008, 5:41AM

i tried the knot braid and LOOOOVE it.
i was gonna get my hair short, but i changed my mind cuz i love braiding my hair all the time and these are so cool!
do you have any other braids you can show how to do on here?

Lorna Pérez -September 7, 2008, 5:09PM

Thanks for this! I’m always looking for different hairstyles for my long hair.

Alex -September 14, 2008, 8:46PM

i lovedd the braids and use it now! thanx so much. oh btw i was wondering to be a model for freepeople what type of look are u going for?

stacy -September 24, 2009, 12:22PM

I braid my hair for the heat this summer. Its nice to do something different once in awhile. But, more than anything I could not help but notice the picture of the pink parasol in the background. So pretty!