Nikki at our NY showroom got a million compliments on these jeans last week, to which she replied, “Thanks, I made them myself!”
Everyone was was so impressed and needed to know how, and I thought you might like to know too. Nikki used a pair of thrift store $10 jeans, but you can use any old jeans that fit you well. This is what else you need:
A cheese grater
It’s so simple here are the steps:
1. Pour some bleach where you desire to have to denim to be washed out looking (you will most likely have to pour it on several times to get the desiered wash and affect) Take the scrub brush and scrub the bleach into the thighs and the knees to make them more worn and lighter.
2. Lay them out in the sun to dry if you can
3. They’ll look a little different once they’re dry, so make sure denim is the desired wash. If not repeat steps 1 and 2
4. On dry denim take cheese grater and run up and down legs of the jeans… this will wear away the denim making them softer and more distressed looking!!
5. Take the scissor and use it to make holes in upper thighs, pockets and knees.
6. Repeat distressing with cheese grater and scissors until desired effect is reached!
distress those jeans
Page 1 of 0