mantyhose

Recently I came across this funny little site, e-MANcipate, which is a website to accelerate the acceptance of male pantyhose as a regular clothing item. It’s actually really interesting! Apparently men wearing pantyhose is starting to come into style a little bit, (in Europe and Australia mostly,) which kind of makes sense given the current craze for super skinny tight pants! The site had tons of fashion pictures with men wearing pantyhose styled in a number of different ways. I’m kind of split – in some of the pictures it looks kind of cool, in others it looks a little too medieval to me. What do you guys think? Yay or nay?

pantyhose_for_men_green-orange-003.jpg
pantyhose_for_men_grey_010.jpg

Comments

lizzy Janssen -January 8, 2009, 5:29PM

hahaha haa this is amazing

yttr -January 8, 2009, 5:30PM

i think it works for the guy who’s sharing his hard cider…or whatever it is.

Kevin -January 8, 2009, 5:31PM

Mantyhose w/ jean shorts and a t-shirt, kinda cool. Mantyhose w/ a leather jacket and dress pants, not cool

Sara -January 8, 2009, 5:35PM

oh this is so wrong!!! if i went on a date with a guy wearing these i would go to bathroom and never come back!

Megan -January 8, 2009, 5:38PM

don’t like these

kelli -January 8, 2009, 6:00PM

no thank you.
maybe free people’s peacock tights hahaaaaaaa

ZombieFace -January 8, 2009, 6:44PM

Tights under ripped jeans? Sure.
“With regard to appearance, most men shave their legs when wearing pantyhose openly. ” == NOPE!

trina -January 8, 2009, 10:34PM

HA! It’s MANTYHOSE!!!!! We found this a few months ago at my work (sockdreams.com) and we’re enthralled! Personally, I just don’t know if I can get on board with this one guys. :)

isabel. -January 8, 2009, 10:59PM

naaay

B -January 9, 2009, 3:07AM

hahaha!!!
nay nay nay nay nay nay nay!!!!!!!!!!!

megan -January 9, 2009, 7:33AM

this trend is worse than Ugg boots or Crocks – and that’s BAD.

heatha -January 9, 2009, 9:29AM

ACK! I am against pantyhose of any kind-”manty” or otherwise.
Could you imagine your dude coming home wearing a pair of L’eggs control tops in Suntan.
Tights are ok tho.

Amanda J -January 9, 2009, 12:59PM

Oh my goodness…my merch team lead at Urban was totally psyched when I showed him these pics on the blog. He desperately has been wanting to make this trend aware here in Kansas City. So funny…

Shea -January 9, 2009, 4:08PM

Maybe if the guy is alone, but when he’s sitting next to a girl wearing tights. Now Way!

Manta Kripotos -January 9, 2009, 4:35PM

This is a definite no.

Anonymous -January 9, 2009, 5:47PM

heck no techno. i like my men masculine.

wendy -January 10, 2009, 12:06AM

absolutely no.

erica beatty -January 10, 2009, 4:25PM

Absolutley NOT!!

Gabrielle -January 10, 2009, 9:14PM

There is defentely something here – Vivienne Westwood style.

Jody -January 12, 2009, 7:44PM

Muahhahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah!

Chepi -January 15, 2009, 7:25AM

It comes a time when guys need to leave girl underthings alone. This is a very disturbing trend…

Pam -January 15, 2009, 2:21PM

This is just wrong!

stacy -September 24, 2009, 12:19PM

Umm no.

Rob -April 25, 2011, 7:33AM

I think its great love to wear them have been for many years they look and feel great.

greg -March 17, 2012, 9:25AM

This is cool. My girlfriend likes when I wear tights, and suggests them to me often. Since I want to keep her, I wear what she says I look good in! And I discovered they feel great too.

Mo -March 19, 2012, 1:32AM

Hey, Heatha. My wife doesn’t have to imagine her “dude” coming home in suntan L’eggs control top pantyhose. She gets to SEE it. Well, maybe not exactly. I wear L’eggs sheer energy sheer to waist hose in suntan….DAILY. Oh, and by the way, I really don’t give a damn whether I have your approval. I don’t seek out that which I care nothing about. I’ll wear whatever makes ME happy. I won’t waste another thirty seconds of my time responding any further.

Charlie -March 20, 2012, 9:25AM

Men wore pantyhose before women.
As many people said, they are just for legs! No matter who they wear them.
It is true that nowadays they seem to be part of women’s closets but not anymore!!
The more we write on posts, tell friends or upload pictures to Internet it will become more popular and not that unusual!! So take your time and go for it!
Most women would say that they are not for men, well, if we analyze the actual commercials of pantyhose we would find the most feminine part of it, and of course this doesn’t match the masculine prototype, right?
Don’t be afraid! Try them, used them!
I have beed using them for 20 years and my wife loves it! It took me a while to tell her because I was afraid of her reaction.
I started wearing those socks made of Lycra, first time she was surprised but then I started wearing all the time. Sometimes touching her to let her feel how soft it is. Then, I waited for one cold day, and while we where shooting I shouted “how warm would I be with some leotards…”
This is how my life changed in this way. Now I don’t feel weird or gay or any other damn thing, I feel comfortable, warm and the touch is amazing and I love it.
So, keep publishing your comments! The more they are on Internet, the sooner the party’s companies will realize they have a great market to explode and hopefully their men’s pantyhose commercials will give us the chance to feel “normal” to the community’s eyes.

By the way, if you are a woman and you are thinking how repulsive this is for your eyes, we can tell how pantyhose look in so many women… And in the name of… You women started wearing trousers not so long!!! At first moment men where assorted but we accepted it…

No more comments.

big guy -March 23, 2012, 8:38PM

I have been waering pantyhose for more than 40 years first with what ever I could find in very tall. Now days I have found that wearing support hose comes with many benefits. I have had diabetes for about ten years, with the loss of feeling in my feet and toes sometimes it is very hard to walk. The Medication that I have to take causes severe leg cramps. I never associated the pantyhose with relieving the night time cramps.

When I wore when I was younger I wore because I liked the feeling and the look they had. I didn’t wear every day and most of the time the hose was cheap so there was no benefit for wearing and the cramping would stop me from wearing for weeks at a time.

Now after much reserch I have found that by spending more and getting better products the numbness in my feet and toes is slowly going away and my leg health is much better. I usually get cramps in my legs when I do not wear. I would also like to tell you that I have been happily married for 20 years and my wife supports me. By the way its only an article of clothing whats the big deal anyway. If you are a man and you think I’m strange I say you have a little mind,and if you are female and you think the same then you are small minded. Wearing pantyhose has helped certin health problems get better, my doctor even has made remarks about what I’m doing that has feeling returning to areas he said would never have feeling again.

Mike -March 25, 2012, 7:00PM

Yes, Legware for men are great. I have worn them for more than forty years. My wife has known that I wear since before we were married and supports it.

I mostly wear support for comfort for my tired legs. I do shave my legs because I don’t like the feel of hairy legs whether I wear legware or not. I prefer the look of my legs in legware than not.

The quality of legware/pantyhose have greatly improved over the years, and are much more comfortable than ever before. I wear openly and have never had comments from anyone.

Men, as the saying goes; “Just Do It”. Keep the trend going.

Mike in Kansas City

barry -March 28, 2012, 7:40PM

I wear tights and leggings and love them both. Men wore tights before women stole them anway. What is wrong with it? Women wear pants and thst is suposed to be ok.

Yvan -April 8, 2012, 6:45AM

I completely agree with Barry @ March 28 7:40 pm. No hose for him = No pants for her.