Stay inspired and dont miss a thing. Weekly updates from BLDG 25

wanna go glamping?

Glamping, or glamorous camping, is starting to become more popular as a form of camping for people who wouldn’t ordinarily enjoy camping. There are a number of glamp-sites popping up everywhere! Pre-pitched and lavishly furnished tents, stocked ponds, and numerous other amenities are some of the features of these places. For the most part they do not have electricity or internet though – thank goodness! I think if they had internet or electricity their resemblance to camping would be pretty much gone. The New York Times has a little article about glamping here. What do you guys think? Do you want to go glamping?
Pictures via.

Megan -January 15, 2009, 12:18PM

This reminds me of Billy Madison, in a good way:)

DEZ -January 15, 2009, 5:10PM

I would probably go glamping :) it looks comfy and romantic…

Go Glamping -January 16, 2009, 6:31AM

Most normal people can’t afford to spend $40,000 a week at these sort of places which is why we launched Go Glamping: glamorous camping for the rest of us!

Kim -January 16, 2009, 9:28AM

I wouldn’t only go glamping… I’d want to live there!

Regan -March 21, 2009, 9:47AM

Glamping is simply awesome.
We have some stunning camp resorts here in Aus, most I have stayed at.
Check these out at

Pat Jensen -March 25, 2010, 11:05PM

I loved your glamping post. I run a reasonably priced glamping business. People seem to really enjoy getting in touch with nature without having to go through the hassle of carting equipment and sleeping on the ground. Our site is if you are interested.

Cj Moye -July 16, 2012, 10:55AM

I love glamping. I am a chef at a guest ranch. We have lovely cabins but are considering a few tents. If I had my own place I would do it up right. Glamp it up