flowers in springtime for menswear

picture-423.png
The pictures above are from Refinery 29, which pointed out recently that a lot of menswear has been leaning toward the floral and pastel lately. I knew they were right as soon as I read it, since it brought to mind a different picture that I saw on Style Salvage about a month ago and saved…
Fashion156_Pastels_Man.jpg
Honestly, I like the trend! I’ve always liked men in any pastel color, and though I’m not sure about the shoes, I’ve liked all the floral styles I’ve seen on men as well.
But what I want to know is what you guys think! Do you like the pastel/floral menswear trend? Is the floral thing too much for you or the men you know? Do you love it?

Comments

Stevie -March 31, 2009, 6:27PM

Personally, if done the right way(first picture with the guy in the suit) I actually(surprisingly) love it!
….even though it probably won’t catch on as a spring trend. But hey, here’s to pretty men!

Alyssa -March 31, 2009, 8:16PM

Hmm… yeah, my boyfriend would look decidedly silly in these. Maybe if it was a floral stripe, like those old fashioned wallpapers that had ditsy florals in between stripes… that’s about as floral as I can imagine him wearing. But I would wear those shoes myself!

Jen -March 31, 2009, 8:26PM

First of all…
I want that hat for myself! haha
The shoes…i like the look of them but not as something that a guy would actually wear.
I like the top left guys outfit but the guy on the right i hate! its way too much.

Michelle -March 31, 2009, 8:27PM

The designer of the floral short suit is a free people alum!! It’s Christina Horan, who used to design for FP long ago!

Smellyann -March 31, 2009, 9:04PM

No way in h-e–double-hockey-sticks would my husband be caught dead in those!!! And nah, I don’t really care for the look.

ronnie -March 31, 2009, 10:14PM

i love it all! ^^

K @ Blog Goggles -April 1, 2009, 1:18AM

Haha, I’d love to see a guy in it, but I can’t imagine any of the ones I know actually wearing florals.

Llala -April 1, 2009, 2:48AM

I really don’t think this country is ready for most men’s florals. I like it though. But I also had high hopes for the men’s long kilts that popped up several times during the 90′s… still waiting. :)

heatha -April 1, 2009, 12:19PM

The second outfit is ok…but would look much better if he was sporting some Mantyhose.

Jimbo -April 4, 2009, 6:52PM

Trend????…. what are you talking about!?!? Guys have been wearing floral prints for years. Their isn’t one guy I know that dosn’t own a hawain shirt.

Jadam -June 30, 2009, 11:18AM

I think it works fine as a button up under a jacket. Otherwise it is a bit much. No on the shoes and that hat.