we’ve had 7 interns with us at the home office this summer…most of them are heading back to school now.
allie worked on our planning team. see below…she learned so much while she was here!
things i have learned this summer:
• contrary to my suspicions, ap physics actually DOES come in handy in the real world. understanding “velocity” is crucial to becoming an accomplished planner or allocator.
• WTF does not stand for “what the ****!”…it stands for We The Free
• i have learned to proficiently read without vowels. for example, “hey jamie. how are you allocating that L/S SLD VNK XTRM BTTNDWN MNSWR B/D PCKT TNK? i really like it”
• planners like numbers so much that they have made a numerical equivalent for almost every word used in the retail world.
• IT is your best friend
• ProClarity is your worst
• make mistakes, it’s how you learn. however, make the same mistake twice, shame on you.
• be open to new opportunities. don’t turn your nose up at something until you are fully educated about it.
• incorporate design into all aspects of your life. be creative, be influential, and let yourself be open to influence.
• have energy and stay inspired.
• never settle for anything less than your dream job because…
• success and happiness are interchangeable.