hey…welcome to a new segment here on the blog… :)
(i love the name so much!!!!)
fp girls merrie and sarah review a few albums for your listening pleasure, and take real cute photos of ’em, to boot.
1. discovery, LP – it’s a shame you can’t see how colorful this album
cover is here, but good news is the songs are in no way dull. this is rich,
synthy pop that merits an aHa-style video.
2. dum dum girls, self-titled – california lo-fi is becoming way more
prominent and the dum dum girls make this is a seriously good thing. tell
me you don’t shimmy a little during “ship of love.”
3. dead weather, horehound – this year has seen the emergence of many a
super-group, but dead weather may be the leader…with jack white
compositions and alison mosshart attitude, horehound is like a soundtrack for
a movie that hasn’t been written yet.
4. cotton jones, paranoid cocoon –– the cover for this album is a COLLAGE
I TELL YOU! someone out there has amazing elmer’s glue fingers, which is
ok, because cotton jones is very very good inspiration for being laid back
and still for a little while. RELAX ALREADY.
5. hawaii calls – the summer is almost over but these songs always make the
sun come out.
6. george michael, faith – the supermodels of the ‘90s are making a major
comeback right now and this is the soundtrack to celebrate. FASHION WEEK
HERE WE COME!
7. george harrison, all things must pass – george looks like King of the
Countryside on this album cover, sat on his tree stump throne, and this
four-album set is equally regal.
8. sam cooke, the best of sam cooke – there’s something about these songs
that are both completely of their day but fresh-sounding anyway. the right
kind of stuff for the start of fall when you’re just waiting for someone to
light the first bonfire.
and then, you can listen to the music, too!!!! except we couldn’t link up to the dum dum girls, so you have to check out their myspace.