book club selection 1: on the road by jack kerouac

good morning everyone…i am so excited to announce about the launch of the book club! we have chosen on the road by jack kerouac as the first book featured in the free people book club! this is one of my favorite books of all time, and I can’t wait to hear what you all have to say about it.
since we’re new at this, we’re just going to learn as we go…if you look to the list of categories on the right you’ll see we’ve created one for the book club. you will still be able to see the posts on the main page, but if you ever want to see only book club posts, click there.
here’s how it’s going to work:
on the road is broken into three parts, so we’re going to give you all some time to read the first part and then we’ll start discussing! check back for a post – maybe in the form of a question, a highlight, not quite sure yet – on monday november 23 about part one of the book, and leave any comments you have in the comments section as you normally would. but make sure you don’t spoil the ending for anyone who might not be finished the book yet…
happy reading!

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Anonymous -November 12, 2009, 10:38AM

i’m excited! this has been on my “want to read” list for a while. :)

Mikhaela -November 12, 2009, 10:45AM

I am currently reading this and absolutely love Kerouac and his writing style. I can’t wait to discuss this with other people!

melissa -November 12, 2009, 10:48AM

i LOVE this one! im do happy its the first book. i had to read it in university for a class and fell in love with it immediately. now i read it all the time :)

g! -November 12, 2009, 11:04AM

absolutely one of my favorites books! i’ve been wanting to read it again… :)

josi -November 12, 2009, 4:45PM

Love this! Did you know that it only took him 3 weeks to right? I’d like to have a burst of creativity like that.

Chloe C -November 12, 2009, 5:06PM

great idea. Can’t wait to read what everyone has to say.

bri -November 12, 2009, 7:49PM

you guys could have picked a less cliche book; dig deep and discover something new and amazing!!

ShiwaWangpo -November 13, 2009, 12:33AM

I’m sooo excited you guys are reading Jack Kerouac! I just finished reading Dharma Bums and On the Road was my next book on the list! The way he writes about nature is just phenomenol, makes me want to go to a desolate mountain and scream my lungs out too!!

Kat -November 13, 2009, 9:01AM

Great choice for the first book, I read it for class and I love it. I had to use two colored highlighters, pink for information for my paper — and yellow for my favorite sections! (the ENTIRE book was yellow haha). The novel is filled with characters of such rich personality and free-spirits, it’s a perfect free people read. Ahh, i love it. I’ll definitely be following along with the discussions.

ellebo -November 18, 2009, 2:04AM

just bought it today so i can read it!

forex_account_ -November 24, 2009, 1:06PM

I like this website very much.
This is really a outstanding web.
And it is not like other money oriented place, the information here is really helpful.
I am definitely bookmarking it as well as sharin it with my friends.