i’m a vegetarian so i really don’t get too into the whole thanksgiving meal, and i never have the problem of figuring out what to do with lots of leftover turkey, stuffing, etc…but i found this recipe for thanksgiving leftover pizza on savoryreviews.com that sounds really good- even to me. here’s a recipe to give you an idea, but really this is something you can be creative with and come up with your own recipe!
thanksgiving leftover pizza
• 1 biscuit dough (or use store bought pizza crust)
• 1 cup leftover gravy – plus a little extra for drizzling
• 1 cup leftover mashed potatoes
• 1 cup leftover stuffing
• 1 cup leftover turkey
• 1 cup cheddar cheese
• 1 cup leftover cranberry sauce
- pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- in a bowl combine biscuit ingredients and form a dough. next turn the dough out onto a pizza pan. since biscuit dough is fragile and sticky, it is best not to use a pizza peel and stone. form a pizza dough.
- bake the dough for 5-7 minutes, until it starts to get a little firm.
- remove the dough from the oven and coat with the gravy or cranberry sauce- your choice!
- spoon the potatoes, turkey and stuffing onto the pizza. spread it out evenly over the whole pizza.
- top with the cheese (again, optional, and use whatever kind of cheese you like).
- bake in the preheated oven for 12-18 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to brown.
- remove the pizza from the oven and let cool for a minute before cutting. serve with a side of gravy for dipping or with dollops of cranberry sauce.