what’s not to love about fall leaves? isn’t it sad how quickly the bright oranges, reds and yellows go away? check out this awesome DIY activity from creative kismet to make some pretty autumn leaves! i think they’d be great decorations at home, or even to spruce up your desk at work.
here’s a step by step tutorial on how to make them…
what you’ll need:
A brown paper bag
acrylic craft paints in assorted autumn colors (yellow, orange, green, red, brown, copper, gold)
paint brushes, sponges, old toothbrush
blow dryer (optional)
1. take one brown paper grocery bag, tear it open into one flat piece. tear into 3-4 large pieces and crumple into a ball to give it lots of texture. flatten out.
2. prep paints by diluting with a bit of water
3. slop paint all over paper.
4. allow to dry. use a blow dryer to speed the process (optional).
5. lightly sponge on metallic gold and copper paint
6. spritz some diluted brown paint with a toothbrush to create speckles.
7. admire your pretty paper :)
8. when paper is completely dry, cut into leaf size squares and cut out leaves. if you are lucky to have sizzix machine with leaf shapes, that would be a really easy way to make leaves. If not, try stacking several squares together and cutting multiple leaves at the same time. another way to cut the leaves would be to use leaf shaped cookie cutters!
9. glue stems onto twine and hang your pretty garland on a window or around a door.