new blog design!!!

Post image for new blog design!!!

notice anything different?

today is a very exciting day on the blog, as we have launched our new blog design! not that we didn’t love the old design, but we felt it was time for a fresh new look that will be much easier for you all to navigate around. i’d like to say a big thank you to everyone here at the home office who worked so hard on this project!

so, what do you guys think? like the new layout?

image: mandy crandell

Tags: , , , ,

Comments

Micaela -December 4, 2009, 10:48AM

LOVE the new layout :)
It’s very simple and clean. You guys did a great job!
xo

kirsten -December 4, 2009, 10:59AM

it’s beautiful!

the light colors are rather bright, making the soft grey font a bit hard to read after a while.

it’s just lovely though, it’s really a lot more “free people” than the old site.

megs -December 4, 2009, 11:35AM

R.I.P. Caravan of Curiosities. :)

Rocio -December 4, 2009, 1:01PM

I really love this new layout. I think it more “Free People” to me because of the soft colors and that hint of pink!!! The textures and graphics are really cute too.

Ethan Bodnar -December 4, 2009, 1:19PM

The new blog looks great, been waiting for the integration into the new main Free People site that was launched a little while back, the header image above looks great too!

Only thing is the comments, comment box, and the text for the post above is jus ta little light, a little darker grey and it would be easier to read.

kate -December 4, 2009, 2:31PM

Finally! This is much better, great job! Now when will Anthro deliver one?

Thank god for the FP blog, as it feeds Anthro lovers too, so you have double the audience.

Great job!

Teresa -December 4, 2009, 2:33PM

Great new design! Definitely has a more “Free People” feel. Beautiful.

Emily -December 4, 2009, 3:39PM

I have to say, I prefer the other :(

michelle -December 4, 2009, 6:00PM

i really hate this
i mean it looks great but so mainstream
the old one was much more interactive and easier to use
go back to caravan f curiosities

the clothing menu -December 4, 2009, 10:11PM

this new blog design is great! it says “free people” more than the previous design.

maxine -December 4, 2009, 11:40PM

this looks so cheap, like someone made it in computer class in 5th grade
its hard to read the type font and is quite confusing to navigate
you ruined the simplicity

Fiona -December 4, 2009, 11:49PM

Very pretty. :) I love the pink! The light grey is rather hard to read though. It might be easier on the eyes if you upped the contrast a touch!

xo

Mara -December 5, 2009, 1:38AM

I like the header on the new blog! But I find there is too much white in the whole blog, maybe integrate a soft pattern in the background that is Free People-like? I agree with the others that the grey text is a bit too light. Also, maybe putting some sort of divider in between posts to better separate them. Making the comment link bold or in a different color could be part of it, too.

It takes a while for me to adjust to new things when I completely loved the old, but it will eventually warm up to me. In my humble opinion, the design of the Caravan of Curiosities represented the Free People style much better with its unique color scheme and design.

sad -December 5, 2009, 3:31AM

i completely agree. it’s so trendy-like american apparel or something.
i miss the old one!
bring it back!
i live on this site.

Lea -December 5, 2009, 10:13AM

It’s nice and sweet but I liked the old one much more.
It looks a little bit pale and I prefer stronger
colours.

Anonymous -December 6, 2009, 1:44PM

Text is WAY too hard to read. And I have good eyesight! I can’t imagine what this must look like to a visually impaired reader. I think the blog header is beautiful, but the overall effect is WAY too light. Needs so darker brighter colors, NOW. I mean, I couldn’t even tell that the pink design on the side was a textile design until I dimmed my monitor!

And a suggestion: change the blog header every so often, like just take out a component like the butterfly or one of the pieces of text, and replace it with something else. So it looks like a sort of evolving collage. And make the blog less light and bright. And make the text darker. Then it will be much better.

Anonymous -December 7, 2009, 10:38PM

this looks even better on my home computer!! great work! do wish the type was a little darker, though. easier on the eyes. but love!!

Mandy Crandell -November 2, 2010, 11:22AM

Thanks for using my photo!!!