good morning! i saw these homemade terrarium ornaments on design sponge and thought it was the coolest idea. they add some nature to your christmas tree, even though they’re actually fake (so you don’t have to worry about watering them), and as the blogger who made them suggests, they’d be a great decoration for the home after holiday season as well. read on for some instructions on how to make them!
what you’ll need:
– clear glass ornaments
– dried moss
optional- twigs, fake butterflies, feathers etc…
1. tear off a small piece of moss and moisten slightly (this helps to keep the moss from crumbling a lot of dust inside).
2. with the eraser end of your pencil, gently push moss into the opening. repeat this a few times until you have a forest floor on the bottom of your ornament.
3. add any extras and poke with your pencil to style things as necessary.
4. bend a q-tip and clean any debris stuck to the inside walls of the ornament.
5. attach a piece of twine with a bow and hang!