Stay inspired and dont miss a thing. Weekly updates from BLDG 25

Post image for wednes-diy

this is an old pair of jeans that i love, but they’ve got three holes in them.  i was okay with that for a while but now –  maybe because it’s so cold out – i decided it was time to patch them up.

here are some images i found around the web and saved as inspiration for my project:

i really liked the idea of using different shades of denim and prints with blue in them…

this patch of fabric is actually the inside of a pocket from an old pair of jeans, but i love the way it looks – and it fit perfectly over the large hole in the knee of my jeans!

i used scraps of old denim for the other patches:

patches crop

and here’s the finished product!

i think they look much better.  the only thing i’m not sure about is whether i should do something to the bottoms or not – i might attempt something like this (the genetic patched flare):

…but i can’t decide. what do you guys think?

Tags: , , , ,

Stephanie Bluemel -February 3, 2010, 12:58PM

I think you should do it with a lighter denim or even sew your jean with a zig zag seam. that would look cool too. By the way, you did a great job on your jeans. I like them!

Stephanie Bluemel

fp julia -February 3, 2010, 1:18PM

thanks stephanie! great idea :)

Maddie -February 3, 2010, 1:27PM

Love all of them except bell bottom one. What about a lace patch? Even a scalloped lace appliqué would be cool…

sarah -February 3, 2010, 2:31PM

I think you should cuff and roll them. I think the fabric inside the bell bottom thing has been done. Just roll them and wear them slouchy like boyfriend jeans.

Love the fabrics you picked!

Halsi -February 3, 2010, 3:13PM

Love the antiqued fabric you chose! I think the big bell is so fun. But it def has been done. I say go for her cuffed slouch idea or a tapered skinny. Both would be fun and unique. :) Good Luck!

ellie -February 3, 2010, 5:19PM

i’d only consider this if i was gonna throw my pants away anyway…………….im so hesitant to tweak my own clothes….

Ann Julie -February 4, 2010, 10:06AM

I think bell bottom is just the sort of last touch you need. Bell bottom blue colored jean would definitely look awesome.

Or you could give your last bell bottom part a light blue color. ;)

Ann Julie -February 4, 2010, 10:08AM

You really look like a creative personality and your design rocks to the core.

indi -February 6, 2010, 8:50PM

you should check out kristen and val’s rendition of the birkin jeans…so cute…i did them last week on a pair of bleached wide legs and they turned out realllly well