very cool internship opportunity!!

Post image for very cool internship opportunity!!

free people is looking for a concept intern for this summer! the number one requirement for this position is that you must be UBER free people!!!

responsibilities include researching for concept topics and gathering tears, and assisting with creating concept boards.

this person must be very organized in order to keep track of images and scanned files, self-motivated, driven and hard-working.  must be proficient in photoshop and with powerpoint programs, and an interest in art, social media and music would be welcome attributes!

students who are interested in this opportunity should submit an 8.5 x 11 pdf of an inspiration board with magazine tears for the free people brand. you need to apply online (right here) but please make sure to submit a resume and inspiration board!

**update**

here’s some more info for you all:

deadline for submissions: april 30th

start date:  early june and will go to august

you do not need to still be in school but a recent grad

it is a full-time, paid internship

you can upload the inspiration board in a PDF

you are encouraged NOT to use all FP tears.

it can be magazine tears or computer images. whatever you want to use to show your interpretation of the FP girl!!

non-US citizens can apply but you will have to supply your student visa!

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Linda -April 16, 2010, 4:40PM

Any job opportunities for your company in Miami, Fl? :)

kimm oetegenn -April 16, 2010, 7:21PM

Hi :) I was just curious how old you had to be to intern at FP?

Beth -April 16, 2010, 10:20PM

when does this internship begin? sounds amazing!

Allison -April 17, 2010, 10:29AM

I’m also curious as to when this internship begins! :)

meg Hayne -April 17, 2010, 4:16PM

hi ladies
the internship is anytime over the summer, dates are flexible. must be 17 or older.
this intership works directly for me, the president of freepeople.
as it posts i am looking for someone who loves freepeople and has a curious mind and loves to research anything and everything that relates to the freepeople lifestyle. hope one of you out there signs up. it will be alot of fun no doubt.

Katherine -April 17, 2010, 6:01PM

This sounds amazing! How should I upload my inspiration board pdf?

Anonymous -April 17, 2010, 6:23PM

what is the last day for a submission?

Anonymous -April 17, 2010, 11:12PM

Does the inspiration board have to be all actual magazine tears, or can it be done on the computer (or some combination of the two)?

Jaclyn -April 17, 2010, 11:36PM

Hi! I wanted to know if you had to be a student? I graduated last year, but I took this year off to save up money for college. I plan on going to school sometime next year for fashion though. This would be a dream of mine to intern for Free People!

Anonymous -April 18, 2010, 10:57AM

This sounds great! Does the actual inspiration board have to be 8.5 x 11 or can it be larger as long as the PDF shrinks it down?

I am so excited!

Lois -April 18, 2010, 11:14AM

When is the submission deadline?

fp julia -April 18, 2010, 12:48PM

thanks meg!
hi everyone- i will get more info on monday and get back to you with answers. thanks for your interest :)

Sarah -April 18, 2010, 6:54PM

Wow, this sounds like such an incredible opportunity!
Is this a paid internship? Or if not, would we be able to hold a part time job while doing this internship as well?

Anonymous -April 19, 2010, 9:59AM

I hope this doesn’t come off as a really dumb question but for our inspiration board do we have to use strictly fp magazine tears? Or can we use any magazine tears that we think are suitable and properly embody the essence of fp in general?

fp julia -April 19, 2010, 10:46AM

hi everyone! added some more info above.

fp julia -April 19, 2010, 11:36AM

also when you apply online you will be instructed on how to upload the pdf.

Katherine -April 19, 2010, 12:47PM

Hi again! Thank you for the updated information! I submitted my application over the weekend so I just uploaded my PDF under “Profile Attachments.” Is this format acceptable? If not, is there a way I could re-submit my application?

Thanks again!

maria -April 19, 2010, 1:49PM

im really eager to apply for this internship. can the inspiration board be created via the computer or must it be actual magazine tears. i saw someone else had asked but i didnt see a reply. thank you :)

fp julia -April 19, 2010, 1:55PM

Anonymous -April 19, 2010, 4:34PM

do you want the submissions to be strictly computerized, using photoshop, computer images and scanning
or are we able to do a hands on concept board, photograph it and send it as a pdf?

fp julia -April 19, 2010, 5:12PM

hi! it can be a hands-on concept board if you’re able to take a photo and send as a pdf!

Courtney -April 19, 2010, 5:41PM

Hi quick question, I am a Canadian resident so I was wondering whether or not you have to be a US Citizen to apply? (:

Elvyv -April 20, 2010, 3:23AM

Hi!.. Ever since I knew of free people I’ve dream of working with you guys. I’m Mexican and just as Courtney I wonder whether the jobs opportunity you post are open for Non US Citizens?….

fp julia -April 20, 2010, 11:54AM

hi! non-US citizens can apply but you will have to supply your student visa!

Taylor -April 22, 2010, 10:51AM

I am so excited to apply for this position. I am a recent grad with a Marketing Degree and it has been my DREAM to work with FreePeople! I love the FreePeople girl and embody her spirit everyday. :) I will be submitting my application immediately!

Thank you!

Helen Wang -April 23, 2010, 3:46AM

I submitted my concept board! I think I would be a perfect fit :) Is there any way I can find out if my concept board submitted properly? When can we expect to hear back? Thank you for this opportunity to apply! Eager to hear back from you.

Best,
Helen

taylor -April 29, 2010, 12:13AM

I have submitted my application for the Concept Intern Position; including my inspiration board. I love the Free People brand and lifestyle and am eager to hear back! What an amazing opportunity!

~Taylor

Taylor -May 3, 2010, 9:45AM

I can not stop thinking about this opportunity! When can I expect to hear back? Thank you for your consideration.

Taylor Asermely
203.4646.7909
Asermelyt@hotmail.com

fp julia -May 3, 2010, 4:15PM

hello! if your resume/inspiration board is being considered for the position, someone will reach out to you this week. thanks for applying and continue to check back for new postings!!

Taylor -May 5, 2010, 3:02PM

Thank you for all your help!!

amanda -May 7, 2010, 5:43PM

Do we have to live in PA? If not, we will pay for our hotel, and plane etc, correct? :)

Sarah -May 12, 2010, 5:18PM

hello.
has the internship been filled?
I submitted before the deadline and left a few messages on the “hiring line” but havent had much success in trying to speak with anyone.
I agree with the rest of the gals here, this is an amazing opportunity and I don’t want to let it pass me by. Any info would be truly appreciated…

Thanks and Peace,
Sarah M.

fp julia -May 12, 2010, 5:39PM

hi sarah- anyone being considered should have been contacted by now. until the interview process is complete i will not have any more information but once i do i will be sure to share it on the blog. thanks!

Megan Laflin -May 13, 2010, 1:59PM

I was just wondering when the decision will be made about this concept intern, of if there is anyone I should call to speak with directly about the internship.
thanks!

Megan Laflin -May 13, 2010, 2:00PM

just saw the other response, sorry!

Brittany Welliver -May 17, 2010, 10:04AM

Good morning!
I submitted my resume and concept board for the Concept Internship (4316) this morning. I was unaware of the April deadline until I read the posting on this blog. I did not see a deadline date on the “official” posting. I apologize for this oversight and would sincerely appreciate your consideration of my application. I believe I would be an asset to the Free People team and I’d be grateful for the opportunity to discuss my qualifications!

Caitlin Pilgrim -March 6, 2013, 2:04PM

Since it’s uploaded as a PDF if we make a hard copy of it and then take a high quality photograph is that sufficient or will it lower our chances?\
thanks!