thursday poll – edition 102

Post image for thursday poll – edition 102

we’re crazy about navajo accessories right now. i love the colors and the beading! they’re such a great way to accessorize a simple outfit. which of these do you like best?

the wanderer necklace:

the navajo beaded cuff:
18939421_011_a

the ciara hat:
19028141_020_a

the totem bead belt:
18973818_020_c

the navajo beaded earrings:
18688747_010_a

or the vintage mandala bag:
18812925_020_a

i love them all!! take your pick:

Comments

Luana Gabriella -July 22, 2010, 11:44AM

loooveee the beaded earrings!! super cute!

peace & love

Hannah -July 22, 2010, 2:01PM

love the Navajo theme this month. very boho, yet can be very chic when put together right!

Alyssa -July 22, 2010, 2:11PM

The new southwestern concept is so amusing to me, since I’m from Santa Fe, NM. I know the style must be popular in other parts of the country, but in Santa Fe, the only people who wear “southwestern chic,” as it were, are the tourists! I could just never get away with this style in my hometown! How funny!

nadia -July 22, 2010, 5:35PM

tough choice!
they’re all gorgeous.

Chris Lohman -July 22, 2010, 8:58PM

Love the blog, love Free People, and especially love Navajo design approach… we feature some Reef swim (coverups) that match perfectly http://www.swimspot.com

Chris

Elizabeth -July 24, 2010, 2:55AM

If my comment was deleted I’m going to cry…come on guys! It wasn’t inappropriate in the least. Let ppl speak their mind. You’re the capitalizing over faux Navajo prints.

Elizabeth -July 24, 2010, 2:56AM

*ones

Jessica -July 24, 2010, 3:34AM

please please tell me that you sell or will soon sell the top and belt in the first picture. i looked for them on the site but could not find them. i would very much like to own them. don’t break my heart, free people.

fp julia -July 26, 2010, 11:40AM

hi jessica! the top is right here: http://www.freepeople.com/clothes-all-tops/we-the-free-lacey-burnout-tunic/
and the belt will be available mid-august!

Jessica -July 26, 2010, 11:42PM

thanks so much! i’ll keep my eyes open for that, most definately. i haven’t had cute outfit inspiration like that in a while. you guys are always good for helping me with that. :)

Annie -July 30, 2010, 1:29PM

I think its important to respect the true Navajo artists and only sell work that is rightfully produced by an indigenous individual, one who receives the profits and due credit, cultural appropriation is something to keep in mind, lets respect our first peoples.

melissa -October 24, 2010, 9:57AM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE those earrings! I went to buy them on the Free People site and they are already sold out :( Will more be coming in???