austin fall kickoff event!

Post image for austin fall kickoff event!

our lamar store in austin, texas is having a really cool event this weekend! in addition to a raffle and fall fashion ideas from our staff, they will be giving away FREE feather hair extensions and showing customers how to put them in their hair! according to our austin fp girls, this is the must-have accessory for next weekend’s austin city limits :)

feather 3

feather 4

feather 6

feather 8

feather 9

feather 10

feather 11

feather 13

feather 2

doesn’t it look amazing with the hair in the french braid?? our austin girls are going to take more photos at the event documenting how to put in the extensions, so stay tuned for a how-to post next week! :)

and if you’re in austin, make sure you stop by our store on saturday between 1 and 5 for the event!

Tags: , ,

Comments

melissa fork -September 29, 2010, 12:33PM

I love hair.. an inspiring hair dresser, with the same creative ideas as you. Can’t get enough! This does it for me again:) I’ll be wait for the post. xo

melissa fork -September 29, 2010, 12:37PM

Oh.. Ps_ i wish i lived near Austin to get a beautiful crazy feather for my head> boo :( Lucky ladies of Texas, enjoy.

Brielle -September 29, 2010, 12:55PM

Those are sooooo pretty! I wish I lived near texas, I would love to have that done. Yes, I second the Lucky Ladies of Texas! :D
Any chance you will be doing this at the Portland Oregon location?

Anonymous -September 29, 2010, 12:58PM

NYC events!!!

Luana Gabriella -September 29, 2010, 1:29PM

wow I love it!! I’ll try to diy.. it’s so cute!
Thanks for the idea =)
Peace & Love

alyssa -September 29, 2010, 1:56PM

why not in the chicago store!

Anonymous -September 29, 2010, 2:52PM

they’re should be some events in LA, CA!!! that would be so awesome! im 14 and i LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE free people! its ALL i wear. as my parents! haha

Olivia -September 29, 2010, 4:46PM

Did they make them themselves? I love it!

Claire Anne -September 29, 2010, 5:17PM

I live in Austin and that’s my fp store, so excited to go to this event!

Paisley -September 29, 2010, 9:55PM

I really love the feather extension!! Sad thing is, I don’t live in Austin, TX. Will you awesome fp gals make a video on how us fp fanatics can do this, too? :)

Gena -September 30, 2010, 1:38AM

Yay! This is awesome. Feather hair extensions have been a huge trend in Colorado for a couple of years now. It is super easy. There are a few ways to do it…the easiest way is to use a crimp bead. You can buy feathers from fly fishing shops or online. Go to a beauty shop and get a small hook. After getting your supplies pick where you want your feathers. Put the feathers through the crimp bead and then pull your hair through using the hook & then close the crimp bead with your crimper. I would recommend pulling it all the way to the roots & crimp. Be sure to do it under other hair so you don’t see the crimp bead. After a while it will fall out but if you want to remove it sooner you can just take pliers to the crimp bead and break it without damaging your hair.

Elle -October 4, 2010, 12:14AM

Will you lovely Free People girls post a tutorial video for us? I would LOVE to know how to do this!!!

dakota -November 9, 2010, 12:48AM

Order feather hair extensions at http://www.finefeatherheads.com!! : )