who would think to put cherries in pasta? this sounds like the perfect end of summer/start of fall dish.
- 1 serving udon noodles
- 1 T evoo, plus more for sautéing
- 1/3 c sweet onion, chopped
- 1/3 c white balsamic vinegar
- 2 c arugula
- a few cherries, quartered
- 2-3 T chopped walnuts
- a few fresh basil leaves
- grated parmesan
1) Bring balsamic vinegar to a boil in saucepan. Boil for 5 minutes to reduce; remove from heat and let cool 5 to 10 minutes, until it thickens. [You’re making a balsamic reduction.]
2) Sauté onion over medium heat until browned. Add arugula and sauté until wilted.
3) Cook udon noodles according to package directions. Drain and return to pot.
4) Toss noodles with olive oil, onion, arugula, cherries, and walnuts. Transfer to plate; drizzle with balsamic reduction. Garnish with basil and parmesan, if desired.