free people university village, seattle

Post image for free people university village, seattle

display dye bins!

pretty dyed fabric.

hang time :)

amazing tree branches wrapped in fabric and tape.

i love the organic feel the branches add to the store.

hand-sewing curtain hems for the fitting room… now that’s teamwork!

employees arrive for opening day!

another amazing addition to the fp store family!

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

kate -October 18, 2010, 5:07PM

I love love love the frames with necklaces in them. Such an adorable idea.

mel -October 18, 2010, 6:11PM

this is irrelevant, but anyone know where to find some free people-esque pumpkin carving templates or ideas even? the whole ghosts and spiders and what not are getting a bit overdone for my taste.

abby -October 18, 2010, 6:19PM

I love all the dyed fabrics and was wondering where i could buy the dye to do it myself???? I live Free People SO much and want my home to look like your stores!

Anonymous -October 18, 2010, 7:55PM

Is the skirt that the second and third girl from the right wearing available online?

Lyra -October 18, 2010, 8:45PM

omg i would love to know the type of dye you use as well!

Moe -October 18, 2010, 9:24PM

Wow! This is so cool. I love the displays you all put together & it really is my dream to be on the visual display team for Free People. Your designs give me inspiration for decorating my home, too. I love going into the stores….makes me feel like home lol

Cheyenne -October 19, 2010, 1:36AM

it looks amazing, can’t wait to stop by :) all the girls are absolutely wonderful people!

Niccole -October 19, 2010, 11:16AM

The displays look breathtaking! I enjoy being inspired by the creativity and all the colors used in your stores. What are the round hanging things… lanterns? If so, did the FP team make them or buy them? I would love to put these in my home! Any information would be great.

fp julia -October 19, 2010, 11:25AM

@ mel – that’s a great question i will look for some to post on the blog for halloween!
@ abby – i will find out about the dye!
@ anonymous – the skirt is in our november catalog so it should be online in the next couple of weeks.
@ niccole – they are lanterns and you’re in luck, stay tuned for more info later this week or next ;)

Jamie -October 19, 2010, 11:48AM

YAY! Miss Mandy at Bellevue Fp — she is the BEST manager!! She really focuses on the customer and has the BEST fashion sense!! Super sweet too! Totally get TONS of ideas from her! ;-)

kate -October 20, 2010, 10:57AM

@mel- i did an owl and a peace sign on my pumpkins. Just free handed it with a pen and carved it out.

mel -October 20, 2010, 7:24PM

thanks for the ideas, kate! that sounds really cute! :) and i look forward to what FP julia finds!

ana -July 9, 2011, 1:20AM

i’ve been to this store a ton, this specific one in u village. there is a really cool crochet/knitted (?) pattern on the wall that the cashier said had the instructions to make on this blog. i haavent found it yet… would anyone mind helping me out here? it’s absolutely stunning.