holiday catalog drops today!

Post image for holiday catalog drops today!

this is our biggest book to date, and there’s so much t want to tell you about it,  from the photographers to the models to the locations.  starting with chapter one…

“the center of attention, she glistens in the night.  she is a cinderella star in a beautiful dress. She’s the special one, the one with magic all around her.”

to achieve an atmosphere of holiday magic and fantasy, our team went to northumberland england and shot part of this section at eglingham hall – a location known for being the backdrop to many of tim walker’s magical shoots.

tumblr_kvav05K7tb1qatctmo1_500

cusl13_eccentrics0801

the location was perfect to capture the essence of a girl who awakes to find herself in a fairytale, the lines between reality and dreams are blurred. she dons a beautiful dress and dances off into the night like cinderella.

5125765031_3f505f59b5_b

5126370228_465ff86818_b

the photographer for the shoot at eglingham hall was benjamin huseby, who’s dreamy photography captured the spirit of the belle of the ball beautifully, as brought to life by models julia hafstrom and jessica mau.

page9

the third model in this section, who also graces the cover, is the lovely zippora seven. she was shot wearing some of our gorgeous holiday dresses here at the home office in philly by our photographer anthony nocella. she’s done so many great shoots, but these two photos have always been among my favorites:

tumblr_l5x35aDCTC1qcx8fho1_500

zipporabeach

i have lots of photos of eglingham hall to show you so stay tuned :) and view the entire november catalog right here!

Tags: , , ,

Comments

anonymous -November 2, 2010, 1:08PM

Are the catalogs online only? that may be a silly question but i am “suscribed” and have been for several months and have never recieved one in the mail so i thoguht id ask

fp julia -November 2, 2010, 1:35PM

hi! not a silly question- send an email to blog@freepeople.com with your name and address and we can look into it.

victoria hughes -November 2, 2010, 2:05PM

LOVE the new catalog! did a blog post on my new favorite pieces from the new collection: http://gardenofedendesigns.blogspot.com/2010/11/free-people-frenzy.html

peace. love. create.
victoria

Boho Diva -November 2, 2010, 2:53PM

Gorgeous photography as usual! I can’t wait until it comes in the mail!!
xoxo, Boho Diva

! -November 2, 2010, 3:22PM

I received the catalog Friday. I’m so impressed by the photography, outfits, and the gorgeous models chosen for this catalog. Perfect!

aurora -November 2, 2010, 3:23PM

Best catalog ever! A pure joy:)

Cait -November 2, 2010, 4:13PM

I have to say this is one of my favorite catalogs yet. You guys really stepped it up this time and I applaud the outcome! I find great inspiration from each of the sketches and photography! I hope to see more like this in the future!!

wa sha lei -November 3, 2010, 12:55AM

perfect… I’m so impressed by the gorgeous model the beautiful place..the photography and of-course the beautiful clothes… nice picture from the photographer… thanks for sharing me this articles.. god bless

Cat horn -November 3, 2010, 8:13PM

Such a beautiful catalog. I especially love the sketches and swatches on some of the pages. Very artfully done!