wednes-diy

Post image for wednes-diy

i saw this on poppytalk today and i couldn’t resist sharing.  did any of you guys ever make “god’s eyes”? i never have but they’re so awesome looking and simple to make. just tie two sticks together and weave the yarn around them, starting at the center – to see a quick tutorial on exactly how to wrap the yarn, click here. plus you can play around with the colors to get some really pretty combinations – they’d make lovely little table decorations or even christmas tree ornaments!

5141300739_ed5581015f

i also love the pieces of driftwood wrapped in yarn – it reminds me of this photo from our office that i posted not too long ago:

101_4754

Tags: , , ,

Comments

Jennifer -November 3, 2010, 7:56PM

I remember making these in camp as a child of the 70s! They are really a lot of fun, and definitely will be great decorations.

Jenifer -November 3, 2010, 8:12PM

LOVE IT! In college we, my roommate and I, covered our entire dorm in these. Hundreds of them. An all purpose decoration. Thanks for the memory.

Anonymous -November 4, 2010, 2:09AM

i don´t mean to be rude, but it seems a little disrespectful to me to use ojos de Dios as decoration. It´s like you are taking away all the esence and meaning of the object.

Lori -November 7, 2010, 8:08PM

At anonymous, you have a right to opinion…I am Mexican and I do not find it disrespectful to use it as decoration. I use anything that is part of my culture as decoration…and believe me my conservative relatives have no problem with it…

supergirl -November 25, 2010, 3:59AM

A special creation, I like it.

Anonymous -April 4, 2011, 3:17PM

Its also a Indian ceremony tool, not a Mexican culture symbol. Yes,Huichol Indians are regional to western Mexico, but its Indian non the less. Sorry, not trying to be rude, but I’m a stickler for facts.

Itzel -December 19, 2012, 9:34AM

I make these and sell them.If you want I can show you a picture of a big one.?