some of you asked for a tutorial on how to make the sequin hangers in our holiday displays… well ask and you shall receive! one of our lovely visual display gals was kind enough to put this together for the blog. the hangers are actually quite easy to make!
a hanger, scissors, needle & thread, marker, pins and fabric! we obviously used sequin fabric, but any kind of fabric works and would look great. i’m already thinking about all the other fun fabrics i want to try :) and if you can’t find sequin fabric, try looking for a sequin top at thrift stores!
steps (pictured above):
1. trace outline onto fabric 1/2” around outside edge of hanger – do this twice for front and back pieces.
2. cut out both pattern pieces on marker outline.
3. place the two patterns on top of each other, with insides of fabric facing out. pin together. sew tops together only, 1/4” in from edge of fabric, along pink dotted line. if you are using sequin fabric, we suggest sewing by hand – the sequins might break your sewing machine needle!
4. turn cover right side out.
5. cut small hole in top center of hanger cover. poke metal hanger through hole.
6. cover hanger with fabric. sew bottom shut by hand.