tunesday

what do you guys think of this year’s coachella lineup? i think its pretty solid – even though i’ve never been to coachella they always do a great job just getting such a large variety of artists.  even if you don’t like the headliners, you’re sure to find several smaller bands more than worth seeing. here’s a little playlist of some of the bands i’d like to see if i was going (one of them is twin shadow, who we just featured in our january catalog video!).

are any of you planning on going? who are you most excited to see??

MusicPlaylistView Profile
Create a MySpace Music Playlist at MixPod.com

images via coachella website.

Tags:

Comments

Eva -January 25, 2011, 7:21PM

I WISH I was going! Especially after seeing Mumford & Sons and Angus & Julia Stone on your list!

Anonymous -January 25, 2011, 7:42PM

FUCK YEAH DEATH FROM ABOVE 1979
I can’t even begin to explain how excited I am to see them together again!

Gaby -January 25, 2011, 9:24PM

Mumford and Sons… and Jimmy Eat World!! <3 I wish I could go!

Mariana -January 25, 2011, 11:41PM

Gogol Bordello!!!! It you have never seen them live…BEST SHOW YOU WILL SEE…<3

tatjana -January 26, 2011, 1:13AM

I went to coachella last year for the first time & will surely be an avid attendee for ones to come. Something about dancing for three days without showering and on little sleep gets people riled up. As for the line up; pretty rad. However, having Kanye close? No thanks, I’ll be rockin out to the Strokes.

Nuggers -January 26, 2011, 1:27AM

I loved this playlist. Great bands great songs It put me in a great mood. Thanks

Lauren -January 26, 2011, 10:56AM

I was sooo stoked to go to Coachella this year, especially after seeing all of your blog photos. I’m so bummed about the lineup though! How to book great names like Paul McCartney, Radiohead, LCD Soundsystem and then book Kanye West?!?! Yikes.

Rebecca -January 26, 2011, 12:18PM

I’m going to hop off the bandwagon here and say that I’m actually REALLY excited to see Kanye West, because while the guy often suffers from foot-in-mouth syndrome, he knows how to make a tune. He’s like a hip hop mage. His latest album is one of the very best I heard in 2010. Besides that, I’m also really excited to see Mount Kimbie, Ratatat, J.E.W., Arcade Fire, Joy Orbison, Bloody Beetroots, Ellie Goulding, Duran Duran, Cold War Kids, Damian Marley, Lauryn Hill…etc

Cannot wait for Coachella fashion inspiration posts either *wink wink, nudge nudge*. In fact, I’ve already made two Free People “Collections” for Coachella 2011. :)

Michelle -January 26, 2011, 5:53PM

I’m so excited for Coachella this year. I was a little bummed out at first because the rumored lineup was of course, too good to be true, but its gonna be great! Black Keys, The tallest man on earth, the strokes, the morning benders, beardyman, raphael saadiq, nas & damien marley, delta spirit, and of course the headliners are awesome!

Jane is a Gypsy -January 27, 2011, 3:44AM

This will be my fifth Coachella music festival and I have to say, even when the line up kind of sucks, it’s still a great time and a great way to discover new favorite bands!!

Anonymous -January 27, 2011, 10:49AM

go see the Love language at Coachella. You won’t regret it!

Kathleen -January 27, 2011, 11:59AM

I would love to see Tame Impala, their music is so entrancing!

eye lift guide -February 12, 2011, 3:53AM

I think they enjoyed this festival very well. They’re also giving away a copy of their single ‘Botanist’ for free here.