guest blog post: snapshots of a day in LA

Post image for guest blog post: snapshots of a day in LA

We arrived in LA and up first it’s time for some prop shopping!

The air was fresh and the vibe was calm after the bustle of the east coast. “California Dreamin” played over and over in our heads like it was the soundtrack of our time there.

photo(03) (2)

We picked up some heart shaped balloons for our shoot, but they never made the catalog.

photo(04)

Production made a sweet strawberry cake for Candy and Meadow’s section of the catalog.

photo(5)

The first day of shooting is always exciting. We got to see Jason Lee Parry in the element as photographer.

photo(06) (2)

We shot at one of the most beautiful beach houses in Malibu – the home of actress Nan Martin, where her husband resides today.

photo(7)

photo(8)

Our surroundings were like staring into an old postcard.

photo(09) (2)

photo(010)

We shot our final hours of the day into the sunset sky.

photo(011)

photo(12) (3)

Looking out into the California sunset made me realize my love for this place was bigger than I could have imagined. Maybe it was the sound of the ocean, maybe it was the laughter in the air, maybe it was the pink sky, but in the moment I realized I could die here.

photo(13) (2)

The view from our van on our way back to the hotel after shooting day one!

these behind the scenes photos were taken by our producer.

p.s. check out my personal blog here!

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

Valentina -February 22, 2011, 10:04AM

Great fotos! The sea is magical and mysterious, it is different in every coast. In my coast, the pasific is amazing in all forms and colors. I hope you can visit it someday!
here is something.. http://www.valentinarosenthal.blogspot.com

marianne -February 22, 2011, 10:16AM

There is nothing in the world (to me) more beautiful and exciting than the Southern California Coast. It does grab hold of your heart and becomes part of your soul!

Anonymous -February 22, 2011, 10:23AM

love the photographs!!!

Punky -February 22, 2011, 10:55AM

Hey guys are you staying in LA through this weekend?
Im hosting a clothing swap in hollywood, would love for you to attend:

Punky

fp heather -February 22, 2011, 11:56AM

Punky, the photos are behind the scenes from when we shot the Feb. catalog back in November. Sorry to confuse you! x

aria -February 22, 2011, 2:58PM

love these photos and cant wait for the march catalog …!!! where did you guys shoot it?

fpguestblogger -February 22, 2011, 3:08PM

i can’t wait for our march catalog either! it was shot in puerto rico and it’s breathtaking….stay tuned for a sneak peek next week ;)

Taylor -February 22, 2011, 3:24PM

LA is such a nice place! i especially loved Santa Monica! California Dreamin’ is one of my most favorite songs!!!

Laura -February 22, 2011, 9:18PM

Oh my I can’t wait to get to the beach again. Too bad BP killed what little beach we did have! boo…

diamonddiaper.blogspot.com

Luna -February 22, 2011, 10:33PM

Wow, these photos are beautiful and seem so totally California. I’d love to know what camera these were taken with or what effect to get that vintagey feel? Peace chicas.

Anonymous -February 23, 2011, 12:03PM

I Love you Free People….you make my day everyday with your wonderful wunderlust pieces~~~half my closet is all you~my daughter is 9 and she loves you too~she has got her eyes on you~The next generation to come~Luna Sole’ will be part of your talented creative designers some day~teaching her to sew and embroider and to layer,layer,layer!~love, Renata

Ruby Rose -February 23, 2011, 12:15PM

so happy to hear how much you love california, next time you all visit, check out our central coast. we are tucked in comfortably between san francisco and l.a. lots of comfort style, Cal Poly and boutiques.

Anonymous -February 23, 2011, 9:51PM

what kind of camera was used to take these photos? i dig the aesthetic

margaux -March 7, 2011, 1:13AM

love LA!

FePa Design -April 29, 2011, 12:11AM

what a magical feeling back in time :) nice pictures!!! I LOVE CALIFORNIA :)