march catalog sneak peek!

Post image for march catalog sneak peek!

it’s finally here… i have been dreaming of our march catalog for months now, ever since i first saw these images.  some of these are alternate versions of the catalog shots, and some aren’t in the book, so you wont see them anywhere else!

our march book was shot in old san juan, a small, narrow island that is the oldest settlement in puerto rico. we again worked with the amazing photographer guy aroch, who captures models aline weber and alina baikova in a haze of sun, sea-salt and sand that will leave you craving a beach getaway.

AR_121310_141

BS_121410_078

AF_121210_249

CE_121410_005

BD_121410_127

BC_121310_125

AZ_121310_043

AU_121310_098

AT_121310_195

all images by guy aroch. the catalog drops on tuesday!

Tags: , , , , ,

Comments

aria -March 3, 2011, 10:53AM

oh my gosh!!i love it!!!!!the bags and dresses are amaziiiinng…yaaay!cannot wait til tuesday!

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover -March 3, 2011, 11:01AM

Your models are so lucky… they get to go to the best places with such nice clothes and surroundings!

Sarah -March 3, 2011, 11:50AM

I want everything!

hmm -March 3, 2011, 11:50AM

These girls are beautiful but rather skinny no?

Angela -March 3, 2011, 11:54AM

I love the photography and cannot wait for the catalog! I was just in old San Juan last week, so much character!

Zahara -March 3, 2011, 12:25PM

I agree, shockingly thin. One thing I enjoy about viewing FP office pics is the variety of size of women, & how beautiful they all are! Too bad we don’t see that as much in the catalog models, & the few times in the past were really great. Love FP, but at 37, mother of 2, do not possess the body I had when younger.

ZZ -March 3, 2011, 12:44PM

wow- i really wish you did show some girls with at least a little meat on their bones! especially when shopping for summer clothes – its helpful to see how the clothes fall on a woman with curves!

Bev -March 3, 2011, 12:47PM

Love it all Kudos to Guy!! Time to start my sit ups…love the
sun and the photos are so warm and beautiful..fantastic frocks as always ~

alison -March 3, 2011, 1:10PM

so beautiful! how does each catalog top the previous one? it’s incredible.

Erin -March 3, 2011, 2:33PM

Beautiful clothing and gorgeous shots. The models are disturbingly thin though! It really adds an element of the macabre to these images and detracts from the beauty of the clothing.

c -March 3, 2011, 4:05PM

First, They are models…and are suppose to be skinny.
Second, You don’t have to be a model to wear the clothes well…ie. Fp office pics.

Third, Love you guys! love Guy A.! and love the catalog!

maddy -March 3, 2011, 4:54PM

I agree that the models are frighteningly thin.. but the photos, from a composition, and photographic standpoint — ARE AMAAAZINGG! wow.

Jasmine -March 3, 2011, 5:11PM

“frighteningly thin?” I never notice…we are all built differently. I think naturally we all look slimmer in draped clothing anyways. I like the outfit in the 4th picture

elaine -March 3, 2011, 5:12PM

SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Faith -March 3, 2011, 5:13PM

@c: Models aren’t “supposed” to be skinny… they can be whatever shape or size. It’s the designer or company who choose to put their clothes on girls who are thinner than normal.

BUT the clothes are super dreamy, just wish that the models were more realistic in proportion.

Melissa -March 3, 2011, 5:15PM

I don’t think the models are unusually thin–they look like models you would see in any catalog or runway. I do think using models with different body types is great though–as a very petite woman I’ve always loved being able to find clothes that fit well at Free People. Consider doing a catalog with petite models!

nice -March 3, 2011, 7:59PM

are they going to have longer version arms and sleeper simone please girls are beautiful but no chrishell stubbs ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Taylor -March 3, 2011, 10:19PM

they are thin…i have to agree. thats what our culture sees as beautiful. but hey, its ok to be thin, and its ok to be more curvy. my only thing would be to try and incorporate a little bit of both.

Jessica waters -March 3, 2011, 10:50PM

I can’t wait to see the catalogue!

I so wish the 2009 embroidered feed bag beach tote would come back in be in it though. Can you bring back that particular item??

karen -March 3, 2011, 11:21PM

I love the bag in the last photo. It is amazing!

freeperson -March 4, 2011, 2:24AM

my gripe is why are catalogs this time of year ALWAYS resort-oriented?!? it’s freezing and there are snowbanks outside where i live and due to the hope-less economy i’m not going to a resort anytime soon. it just gets on my nerves and makes me want to avoid this type of marketing.

Sarah -March 4, 2011, 2:16PM

wow!! I totally drooling over these images right now.. love love love!!!

Sarah -March 4, 2011, 2:18PM

i was so struck by the beauty of the images and clothes, i didn’t have time to notice how skinny the models are.. eek. hate to take sides here, but they are frighteningly thin. yikes

emmy -March 4, 2011, 4:54PM

love the photography, the location, the clothes, and the whole feel of this catalog…march is my bithday month, so i may be treating myself to some of these items!! i also love the picture of the model jumping into the pool…it looks so fun and makes the whole thing feel more real rather than some fantasy island getaway that most of us only dream of having…
while i do agree that models are typically categorized as being thinner than average, are these girls healthy? that is the most important thing…

nice -March 4, 2011, 10:17PM

i saw some of alina baikova runway photo she even look skinner and unhealthty second look at the photo i agree but some people healthy weight is like that

Zahara -March 5, 2011, 12:18PM

I didn’t mean to come right out in an earlier post with just negativity. I am deeply moved by the beauty of Guy’s photography, the location, & inspired, as always, by FP. The blog is my pop-up page! Despite the lushness of the photos, I was distracted from it all by the unhealthy looking models. Totally understand that we are “buying” that image, & the desire to look that way. While I could stand to lose some weight (loved the spring face line about jogging 2 miles, feeling it), I do not desire to ever look that skinny! And raising a daughter, do not wish for her to be warped by that body sense as well. Wonder when the industry will wake up, how long do we have to keep voicing this? It’s not the style we desire anymore!
Thanks for reading & allowing space for us all to voice our opinions!

Anonymous -March 6, 2011, 9:19AM

i d rather see images of a very skinny model, fat is disguisting

margaux -March 7, 2011, 12:49AM

such a beautiful, beautiful catalogue with absolutely stunning concepts. i love the castaway theme. where were these taken? it looks like ireland or something! and a heads up, the girls are absolutely healthy and beautiful. i love the featured models in this month’s catalogue. BEAUTIFUL girls! xx