wednes-diy

Post image for wednes-diy

today’s DIY is from one of our awesome blog readers – libby made this adorable garland for her yard using old free people bags!

what you need:
1. fabric scraps – from free people bags or old clothing
2. ribbon
3. thread
4. scissors
5. straight pins – any kind will do.

step 1: cut your fabric!

garland_pinning

step 2: start pinning. take a piece of ribbon, about 12″ long and pin it on to the first triangle. pin each triangle overlapping slightly on each corner – depending on the length of the garland and how many pins you have, you can pin all of them or just do about a foot at a time.

garland_sewing

step 3: get sewing! keep sewing till you have reached your desired length or you run out of fabric. at the end sew on another piece of ribbon. the ribbon will be used to attach each end of the garland to wherever you decide to put it.

and that’s it! hang your garland and enjoy!

garlands_finishedcrop1

garlands_finished2

garlands_finished2crop

garlands_finishedcrop

but that’s not all! inspired by the DIY projects i’ve posted on the blog, she also made a dreamcatcher, god’s eye and painted driftwood!

IMG_2030

in our centered pullover, none-the-less :)

wrapping string

anjelica final

IMG_9076

this makes me so happy. check out her blog here!

Tags: , , , , , ,

Comments

karacter -March 30, 2011, 11:54AM

I love the flag garland! This makes me want summer so badly and to have an awesome bbq!!

karaluzzi.blogspot.com

Monie -March 30, 2011, 1:33PM

How fun! I can’t wait to throw a summer get together and expose my friends with this great idea!

dragon fruit -March 30, 2011, 7:40PM

This is so creative, I love!! My sister is in the midst of creating a dress out of the free people shopping bags for a school project. I must send you photos when it’s done! :)

Alysha -March 30, 2011, 7:51PM

I love this one, I am making a bunch for my friends wedding this year but defiantly doing it this way its more rustic

amillionlittleideas.blogspot.com/

brittany -March 30, 2011, 9:53PM

AWESOME!!!

Diamonds and Tulle -April 1, 2011, 2:27AM

I just made a similar one for a baby shower – though mine was a lot more time consuming! Gonna use this cute FP-one for my house-warming!

alexandra -April 12, 2011, 4:18PM

Your DIY’s always inspire me. I’ve tried so many of them, and even created one of my own. DIY Free People Candles! Check it out :] http://daybookofadreamer.blogspot.com/2011/04/light-me-up.html

EMILY -March 20, 2012, 6:28PM

I LOVE YOUR DIY’S AND I’M THINKING ABOUT DOING SOME OF THEM FOR MY DORM FOR MY FRESHMAN YEAR OF COLLEGE NEXT FALL. ON Y’ALLS PINTEREST OR BLOG YOU SHOULD HAVE SOME COOL IDEAS FOR DORM/HOME DECOR BECAUSE YOUR STORES ARE ALWAYS SO BEAUTIFUL!