awesome job alert!

Post image for awesome job alert!

we are looking for an assistant stylist! this is a full time position at our offices here in philadelphia. for more info on responsibilities and qualifications, and/or to apply for this job, please click here.

Tags: , ,

Comments

TRAVEL DESIGNERY -April 5, 2011, 4:13PM

I love the simplicity and style of these photos!!
And good luck to all those who are applying for the position! :-)

Naomi -April 5, 2011, 5:09PM

After submitting the application, what’s the best way to follow up?

Naomi

Tiffany -April 5, 2011, 5:16PM

oh my goodness…I wish I could apply for this job! Will FP please come to the UK so I can apply for an amazing job like this with you <3 Urban Outfitters & Anthropologie are both here… any chance my dream could come true? :-)

dragon fruit -April 5, 2011, 5:20PM

Erica, please post when you’re looking for an intern in the NYC offices. (for a current student)… I look on the FP website all the time but I feel like your blogger and twitter friends get the inside scoop :)

Naomi -April 5, 2011, 5:23PM

p.s. check out the fp moodboard i made on pinterest:

Bev -April 5, 2011, 5:43PM

Would love the position, but I RELY on your stylist to shoe ME
how and what to waer..lol and I thank them for it!!! Love your
styles and entire line of clothing and shoes (esp boots!) ~

Brittany -April 5, 2011, 7:49PM

Wish you were in Chicago! Looking for a chance of pace these days! I’ll have to settle for your blog and store for now! xo

cassie -April 5, 2011, 9:56PM

oh i wish i could work for free people..my ultimate favorite store =)

Elle -April 5, 2011, 9:57PM

Today in my fashion marketing class we went around the room and said what our dream job is, and I said free people stylist! Too bad I am still in school :(

Mariel -April 5, 2011, 10:19PM

What is the best way to follow up after submitting your application?!

ilovefp -April 5, 2011, 10:21PM

Hi Julia,

Thanks so much for posting this opportunity. I really get excited about fp job posts, but it kills me that I can only upload my resume. How will fp know that I really really want this job, and that I’m very qualified. I want this so bad, and I want to prove it with work examples!

What else can I do Julia?!

xoxo

voyance par telephone -April 6, 2011, 6:52AM

très chouette, j’aime beaucoup !!

No time but trendy -April 6, 2011, 7:10AM

I really love FREE PEOPLE style, I always put some clothes in my combinations at my blog, love it!!!
The new model is very pretty, the way she wears each garment is perfect!! Good casting!!

MB@YarnUiPhoneApp -April 6, 2011, 8:18AM

For those needing an in…I’d say work any Free People connections you have to get to the Hiring Manager. Connect to fashion insiders on LinkedIn. Go to Free People special events. Network, network, network like crazy and then some. It’s the only way.

fp julia -April 6, 2011, 9:50AM

hey guys! thanks so much for your interest. my best advice would be to express your creativity/passion as much as possible in the cover letter and resume, and should you be called in for an interview, you can bring a mood board or portfolio along with you then. i don’t have a follow-up contact i can give you but if our team thinks you’re a good fit they will be in touch! you can also follow our recruiting team and ask them questions on twitter – http://twitter.com/urbn_scout

Anonymous -April 6, 2011, 10:01AM

Do u have to have experience being a stylist? Would they hire someone stright out of college?

ilovefp -April 6, 2011, 10:16AM

Thanks Julia, thanks MB@YarnUiphoneApp :)

rebecca -April 6, 2011, 1:57PM

this is what my jewelry wall of my own creations looks like

Anonymous -April 6, 2011, 3:10PM
Kate -April 7, 2011, 1:08AM

I wish you guys were in Houston ;(

Katie -April 7, 2011, 8:10AM

This is a TOTAL dream job! I hope Chicago has an opening for ANYTHING soon!!

katie -April 7, 2011, 10:08PM

I would be really, really perfect for this job! I don’t graduate from college until this August (luckily, I’m finishing all my remaining classes online, so I can travel)– but you should glance at my blog and get in touch with me– I’m worth taking a chance on (and I would totally move to Philadelphia!!).

Katie/ Lunagarden -April 18, 2011, 12:00PM

I was so excited to see this job posting! Though I only was able to send in my cover letter and resume via email I thought my tumblr account might also help to give an idea of my talents and interests. Take note of the thrift rich postings. I’ve graduated and have a few years of experience under my belt. Thanks for checking it out!

Erica -April 19, 2011, 1:31PM

Hi Julia,

Has the position been filled? Would love to get an update! Thanks!

fp naomi -April 19, 2011, 2:05PM

Hi Erica, the position has not been filled yet! They’re currently going through resumes, and starting the interview process.