color inspiration from morocco

Post image for color inspiration from morocco

our lead designer for color and print just returned from a research trip to morocco and shared these amazing photos of color inspiration from her travels. ever since last year’s april catalog (shot in morocco) i have been dying to go there, and these images are making me want to even more so…

P1010302

m4

m5

m2

m1

so, so beautiful.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

Comments

Taylor -April 4, 2011, 4:23PM

oh geez!!! i love those snakes!!!!
the dyes and henna are beautiful also!!!

barcelonette -April 4, 2011, 4:27PM

I love the colours from Morocco. I went there for new year’s eve and absolutely fell in love with the country and specially with Marrakech.

dragon fruit -April 4, 2011, 6:26PM

oh my godd these photos are amazing! wonderful colors. kind of makes me sad though because i was planning to go there in 2 weeks for my spring break (i’m in portugal now) but we heard it’s dangerous so my parents are not so happy. i will have to go another year! :)

Bri -April 4, 2011, 6:36PM

I’ve always wanted to go to Morocco, thank you for these beautiful pictures… Anthropologie sells a scarf that reminds me of Morocco, so tempted to buy it

kezia -April 4, 2011, 8:39PM

I love this! It brings me back to my trip to Morocco! I’ve been dieing to go back ever since and recently did a blog post about it as well! Definitely inspired by all of your beautiful pictures!
Check out my Moroccan inspiration:

Zahara -April 5, 2011, 12:28AM

Be careful! I spent over three weeks there a couple years ago, & as a woman, was treated very badly! Go with a group &/or a good male escort. Was attacked by a group of men, they tried to sexually assault me & did steal my passport! There is wonderful beauty there, & some sweet people, but as a western woman in an arabic country, it was very challenging for me & all my girlfriends. Hoping things will change with freedoms & rights finally coming to these parts of the world.

calla -April 5, 2011, 2:11AM
MB@YarnUiPhoneApp -April 5, 2011, 9:06AM

All that color…we don’t have that here in dreary Chicago. But I think color is a natural in places where it’s warmer all year around. Look at California or even Florida….I must move to either sooner or later, but at least Florida is an income-tax free state….

HeyMorocco -April 5, 2011, 11:03AM

These pictures show the true colors of Morocco and rich culture and artistic creativity of Moroccan people.

Natalie -April 5, 2011, 4:57PM

Stunning colors…reminds me a lot of Valparaíso!

Natalie -April 5, 2011, 4:58PM
melissa -April 6, 2011, 9:58AM

I love any travel-related posts! Beautiful colours, too.

Victoria Cassinova -April 6, 2011, 12:15PM

the texture, colors, patterns, yarn and atmosphere are all hints of inspiration in their own way. love these photos

Sarah K. -April 7, 2011, 3:25PM

All those beautiful colors :)

sofia -October 31, 2011, 1:11PM

i love those pictures they are a great representation of Fes
viva morocco!