Stay inspired and dont miss a thing. Weekly updates from BLDG 25

floral headpiece how-to

Post image for floral headpiece how-to

inspired by the haku leis in our may catalog, our crafty studio team went out and bought some beautiful flowers and made head pieces for their web shoot! they are so sweet and easy to make and the best part is, if you wear one you get the added bonus of smelling like a tropical flower – without having to go to hawaii :)

what you need: green crafting wire, scissors and fresh flowers

start by wrapping the wire around your head to get the approximate size – wrap it around twice for a sturdier headpiece. then simply add flowers and leaves as you please, using more wire to attach them to the headpiece. and that’s all there is to it!

add as much or as little as you want and experiment with different flower and color combinations, sort of like making a bouquet!

these would be so fun to wear to a summer concert or outdoor party :)

Tags: , , , ,

melany -May 11, 2011, 10:30AM

So pretty!!! I am going to have to try this.

Zoe -May 11, 2011, 12:03PM

Those headpiece’s are beyond gorgeous! Cant’ wait to give one ago.

Zoe x

Heather -May 11, 2011, 12:24PM

Very impressive! I love the mix of flowers you guys chose. I made my own flower crown here:

Eva @ Four Leaf Clover -May 11, 2011, 2:22PM

I was actually wondering how you made these when I saw them a few photos ago. Thanks for filling us in!

lexi -May 11, 2011, 3:18PM

Love this! I will definitely have to try this out.

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls

Marissa -May 11, 2011, 4:24PM

Ok! So there is this guy in Newport Beach who cruises his skateboard around town wearing these very same floral headpeices. He once asked me to model his creations in his Mom’s back-yard. I sweetly declined (as he was a bit unkept and wasn’t sure if he was fabulous…..crazy……or actually homeless). Thanks for the tutorial! Now I can make my own and ask my hubby to take pics of me!

Taylor -May 11, 2011, 6:19PM

I love doing this! It’s so much fun! makes for beautiful photos, and look great on my dogs also! ;)

yash -May 13, 2011, 6:40AM

very nice

Oda -May 13, 2011, 6:45PM

What a superawesome great Idea!! Guess who’ll be making alot of these this summer. Thanks again Free People <3

{this is glamorous} -May 14, 2011, 9:51PM

so lovely & summer perfect x

lindsay -May 18, 2011, 9:10PM

love it! but to make it last, use fake flowers

jen -May 22, 2011, 1:34PM

Totally making one for my graduation cap this June! lovelove

Clarity -June 1, 2011, 5:10PM

It’s a gorgeous look. But when overdone looks silly. and yes a girl here did over do it. Fake flowers are nice for the environment but certain looks are better with real flowers.

stargirl -June 4, 2011, 11:39AM

Adorable!!! These would be sooo cute to wear to an outdoor concert or to the beach, also mkes for lovely photo ops(: made one for my dog to try it first and she looked like a little angel!!! I adore Free People!! Thank you for making this blog, it is so inspirational!!! ( : <3

Aylaginger -July 13, 2011, 9:42PM

This shoot was beautiful. I love wearing flowers in my hair! It is so pretty and feminine

GinoJum -January 8, 2013, 3:06AM

I have kinda become obsessed with headpieces. They are all super nice and elegant. I gotta try this headwear too! It’s fit for any occasions. -November 28, 2014, 3:49PM

The essential is that unlike past treatments, the tinnitus is
not being masked and not being hidden. You can’t cure
tinnitus before you know what has started it. Biofeedback is
a learning process, which trains patients to control certain involuntary movements of the body.