Green Tea with Lemon and Blueberries

Post image for Green Tea with Lemon and Blueberries

This holiday season my grandmother gave me an adorable tea pot, and I’ve been obsessed with tea ever since. Many say that tea offers a range of cleansing effects and health benefits but all I know is that the many comforting cups of tea have definitely been good for my soul. Messing with different blends and experimentations has been a fun and tasty adventure. I began to spice it up recently with the addition of fruit. Here is one of my favorite, antioxidant rich, energizing creations. Drink it hot or stick it in the fridge for a refreshing iced tea – perfect for summertime!

Ingredients:

2 Teaspoons of green tea or two green tea teabags

2 Cups of boiling water

2 Thin slices of ginger

2 Lemon Wedges

¼ Cup of lightly mashed blueberries

2 Tablespoons agave nectar or honey

Preparation:

1. Prep all ingredients and put water on to boil
  2. Place everything together into a pitcher
  3. Once the tea is fully brewed (about 5 minutes) remove green tea & enjoy!

Tags: , ,

Comments

Taylor -May 1, 2011, 2:06PM
flornes -May 1, 2011, 11:49PM

This sounds amazing. But I sort of really want to see a photo of the teapot..!

Amber -May 2, 2011, 1:47AM

This is so amazing that you posted this recipe! About a month ago I was sick (no voice.. ekk!) and a sweet young lady made me the same tea while out at breakfast. It does wonders <3

youtube EFT -May 2, 2011, 2:07AM

I’m a tea-drinker but I have to admit that I have never tried incorporating blueberries in my cup of tea. But reading this, I will go grab some blueberries now.

Folk & Fairy Tale -May 2, 2011, 11:54AM

This went very nicely with my morning Grapefruit & Cinnamon! thanks!
I love blue in my breakfast,

Cynthia -May 2, 2011, 9:20PM

Wow this is such a great idea! Thank so much for sharing your recipe. I always drink plain hot tea, the farthest I go is to add lime, honey and sometimes ginger to my chamomile (when I have a cold haha), or fresh spearmint to my black/green tea (it’s so nice and aromatic, I recommend it!). I’m definitely trying this, I love blueberries. And I’ll do the cold version also, it would be a delicious accompaniment to my afternoon snack :)

haydn -May 19, 2011, 5:07AM

wow, the color looks really awesome! Who can reject this….