guest blog post: the gold coast

Post image for guest blog post: the gold coast

australia’s gold coast is located in south east queensland, on the country’s eastern shore. with 35 miles of coastline that includes some of the most popular surf breaks in australia and the world, the area has been a huge draw for both tourists and surfers all over the world. it was also inspiration for a special shop launching today on our website that is our nod to surfer girls everywhere – denim shorts in bright colors, easy knits, bathing suits, summery shoes and pops of neon, its a collection that screams summer fun and adventure.

for her second guest post for us, mandy of the amazing blog oracle fox went down to the gold coast and took some beautiful photos to capture the atmosphere there. i am thinking a trip to australia is definitely in order!

FreePeopleGCMay11 1 (2)

FreePeopleGCMay11 21 (3)

FreePeopleGCMay11 8

FreePeopleGCMay11 6

FreePeopleGCMay11 9

FreePeopleGCMay11 18

FreePeopleGCMay11 19 (2)

all images by oracle fox – thank you so much mandy!

and here’s a little collection i made inspired by the gold coast. click on the image to go see more details, and check out our gold coast shop here.

free-people-gold-coast-fashion
free-people-gold-coast-shop

Tags: , , , , , , , , ,

Comments

ldm -May 13, 2011, 11:24AM

beautiful photos, i love queensland! oh and i love oracle fox’s blog too.

xx from hong kong :)

Apple iPad 2 First Impressions Review -May 13, 2011, 12:16PM

Terrific review! This is exactly the type of information that should be shared around the internet. Sad on the search engines for not ranking this blog post higher!

shae -May 13, 2011, 12:17PM

love this collection !!

sarah -May 13, 2011, 8:24PM

my boyfriend lives on the gold coast, my favourite weekend escape x

Anonymous -May 14, 2011, 3:57AM

Perfect images of the Gold Coast, makes me very nostalgic. I married a Gold Coast boy and lived there for six years. My grandparent’s apartment overlooks Main Beach and these photos really capture the wonderful beach vibe.

Sophie -May 14, 2011, 4:00AM

Oh I love the vintage bikini images. I had the pleasure of meeting Paula Stafford, she is a friend of my grandmothers. Paula is so lovely and truly is fashion royalty.

Anonymous -May 14, 2011, 10:02AM

I lived there for half a year, I would love to go back

salima -May 14, 2011, 10:53AM

Oracle fox is one of my favourite !! Mandy is so stylish and her pics are so wonderful and full of sun … I’m happy because I bought your friendship bracelets yippieeee !! I can’t wait !! xoxoxo

TESS -May 20, 2011, 8:40AM

THANK YOU!!! this is the first time in …well for ever..that I have the Gold Coast (and the women that live here) represented properly!!!!!

I am absolutely stoked to see the style and ideologies of the Gold Coast girl portrayed accurately – we don’t all have fake boobs and orange skin – YEY!!!!!!!