Saturday DO

Post image for Saturday DO

DO: try a handstand (or headstand) in yoga class this week

lovemao

n0-lies-just-l0ve

untitled

joonyzkool92

Okay, so maybe you don’t do yoga, but that doesn’t mean that this week’s DO isn’t for you. It’s all about encouraging yourself to grow. One thing that it’s important to understand is that growth occurs in plateaus. You need to push yourself to the next level, and then spend some time adjusting at that spot. Sometimes we get down on ourselves during the plateau stage, but it’s just as important a part of growth as pushing yourself – sometimes you can’t fully move forward if you’re not comfortable where you are. But don’t stay here forever. Make sure you recognize when you’re ready to go outside of your comfort zone again. Sometimes you won’t be sure, but I say always be willing to delve into the next level – try that handstand – you’ll find out if you’re ready. Maybe you’ll surprise yourself. Finding out you can do something you never thought possible is one of the best feelings there is.

click on images for sources

Tags: ,

Comments

! -May 21, 2011, 10:18AM

I love Saturday DOs! Keep em’ coming!

dragon fruit -May 21, 2011, 1:37PM

beautiful post :) http://www.dragonnfruit.com

B. in the Know -May 21, 2011, 5:08PM

I love this DO -it actually is my current personal project for yoga to do a headstand.
Much love,
B

Oda -May 21, 2011, 6:31PM

free people. For the first time ever I’m truly very dissapointed about you. I’ve always thought of you as to promote a good, healthy and positive lifestyle. So when I clicked on your photo to find the source and end up on a pro ana site ( something about going from 121 lbs to 95) I’m very very sad and dissapointed. I think you ought to know better than this.
Personally I used to be a big “fan” of these pro ana sites-> however they made me very verys sick with eating disorder and I was hospitalized. So to see that you search these sites to find your photos I cannot give word for how sad I am. Very dissapointed.
ODa

Georgie -May 22, 2011, 1:34AM

Crazy girls, I love you!

Strawberry Freckleface -May 22, 2011, 12:46PM

I do yoga about once a week…it’s amazing the things you can do after trying it for awhile. Should probably try the handstand soon..

strawberry freckleface

Victoria -May 23, 2011, 10:29AM

I do yoga every day and I’m so close to getting my handstand! Love this.

boho diva -May 23, 2011, 11:02AM

Great inspiring post! Too bad I’ve been doing yoga for over 10 years and still can’t do a handstand unless my feet are against the wall. Dang it!

XOXO, Boho Diva

Buffi -May 23, 2011, 12:12PM

I’m still to scared!!! I too have been doing yoga for over 10 years.. but still am petrified!