Saturday DO

Post image for Saturday DO

DO: call an old friend today.

ari-roman

blameitonmytemper

kittylarouxx

vantiani

deniisu

comingalongnicely

Sometimes life gets really hectic. We’re focusing on everything we have to do, running around in a whirlwind of the here and what’s next. It’s all too simple to lose yourself and forget about the things that are not right in front of your face. Today, take a moment to stop the mayhem – to sit down and call an old friend, and to laugh at old memories and catch up on what’s new. I recently lost a good friend from high school. I had been meaning to call her that week, but every time I thought of it I was tired or had to run out the door. Lots of people say, “put that past behind you,” but I don’t always agree. Sometimes it’s important to remember the past – where you’ve been and the people who helped shape the person you are now.

If there is somebody you care about – call them. Call them on your way to the grocery store, call them while you’re doing the laundry, call them when you’re sitting on the beach. Fifteen minutes of hearing an old friend’s voice is worth it. Believe me.

click on images for sources

Tags:

Comments

angie -May 28, 2011, 9:51AM

so true. you never no how long you have with someone! thanks for the constant inspiration. have a wonderful weekend :)

Kate -May 28, 2011, 10:26AM

Great post! Love the pictures.

Wendy -May 28, 2011, 11:26AM

Some times, i want to call a friend, but i am afraid we have no common topic because of long time no see. Maybe i worried about too much, i need a try.

hellothais -May 28, 2011, 11:52AM

I own a phone like the 3rd one! One of my best yard sale finds. :)

Alexis -May 28, 2011, 1:06PM

I’m sorry to hear about your friend. I recently moved to a new city 1,000 miles away from everyone I know and it’s been a struggle to stay in contact with my best friends, but after reading this I sat down and called three of them. Thank you.

salima -May 28, 2011, 1:54PM

I’ve learned the lesson !! I lost some good friends because of that and it’s soo silly !! And with the passing of time, it becomes more difficult to call and say “hi !” so you just let it go day after day, week after week … year after year !! So now, whenever I can and as I have friends all over the world I can’t meet unfortunately very often I try to call them, send them messages, email them or whatever … It’s really very important to keep in touch !

NetVizor -May 30, 2011, 4:42AM

In fact, I keep in touch with my friends in different ways. Calling them, sending messages or visiting them. But sometimes we also focus on our own business and “forget” to call them. However I’d say it does harm our friendship. I am so lucky to have them!

hm hippie -May 30, 2011, 2:59PM

I love old phones…I wish people still left messages on land lines and voicemail boxes! I remember how cool it was to come home and have my mom check our messages! Great Post!

Kiera -June 1, 2011, 3:58PM

this is so right, when I was in 1st grade i moved from NJ to IL and i had a great friend named Katie, we were bests. Then i moved back to NJ the following summer. We promised to write but I couldn’t keep up. I feel so bad that i didn’t keep it touch and wish that i had so badly. I lost a really good friend and cant go back.

keepcalmandlearntofly.tumblr.com